Windows 10: Moving favorites from Edge to anything else?

Discus and support Moving favorites from Edge to anything else? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My computer gets extremely slow. If I look at the task manager (which can take 5 minutes to load) it shows I am out of memory because Edge is taking up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Toller, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Toller Win User

Moving favorites from Edge to anything else?

My computer gets extremely slow. If I look at the task manager (which can take 5 minutes to load) it shows I am out of memory because Edge is taking up sever GB.

Since I don't seem to be able to fix that, I want to leave Edge; but I have lots of favorites and don't want to abandon them. Is there any way to move favorites from Edge to anything? I have seen many solutions on google, but they all seem to be obsolete.

:)

Toller, Nov 23, 2016
  2. graye Win User

windows 10 where is favorites bar bookmarks stored?

Well, you can just use Edge to open the favorites "pane", then you can:

• Do a drag-n-drop operation to move favorites to/from other folders
    • Rename favorites
    • Delete favorites
    • Sort by name (if you're running the latest version of Edge)

But Microsoft doesn't currently have anything more to give you on this problem. Perhaps one day, they will... but for right now, the free 3rd-party solution is the only other option.

graye, Nov 23, 2016
  3. How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

Denzil McGlashan, Nov 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Toller, *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to backup and restore your favorites in Microsoft Edge.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

The tutorial below can help show you how to export your favorites from Microsoft Edge to an HTML file that you can import into any other browser.

How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 23, 2016
  5. Toller Win User
    My Edge does not have an "export" button; as you can see below. Without that, none of the methods work.
    Chrome and Firefox both say they can import favorites from Edge, but when you try, nothing happens.

I did find a program called "edgemanage" which will export Edge favorites to a HTML file, but so far I have been unable to get anything to import it.

Toller, Nov 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The export option was added in build 14926.

If you like, you can still export and import favorites in Microsoft Edge using OPTION 2 and 3 below instead for now though if you don't want to update to the latest build of Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 23, 2016
  7. Toller Win User
    You are correct; I am 14393. Windows update says there are no available updates! What is going on? Why can't I get current?

Backing up and restoring doesn't help; I need to get my favorites to another browser. Or maybe the current Edge works better....

Toller, Nov 23, 2016
  8. Jeddie Win User

+1
    I found the same thing with Edge. It was chewing my memory. So last night, I changed over to Chrome (1st time user of Chrome).

You are right - there is no export favorites in Edge. I believe it is only in the Insider Build ATM.

So I googled and could not find a solution. Then I remembered I had my favorites in Internet Explorer as well as Edge.
    Went into Chrome and imported from IE. Worked!

Since I only changed to Edge in June, my IE favorites were pretty close to what I had in Edge.
    Then I manually added the missing favorites into Chrome.
    Good luck.

Jeddie, Nov 23, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    What I see in this thread is a confusion between Version 1607 Build 14393 RTM/Release to market version and Version 1607 Build 14926 IP/Insider Preview "test" version.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving favorites from Edge to anything else? - Similar Threads - Moving favorites Edge

2. Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left: I'd like to move my favorites list from right to left on MS Edge. I've read many instructions but none work, is this possible? if so, please provide step by step details. Thank you....
  3. Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left: I'd like to move my favorites list from right to left on MS Edge. I've read many instructions but none work, is this possible? if so, please provide step by step details. Thank you....
  4. Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  6. Sync not working in Edge or anything else?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync not working in Edge or anything else?: I want Windows 10 to sync my passwords and favorites and shortcuts in Edge between my laptop and desktop. I believe I have the settings correct but still no sync. Can you help me fix this? Thanks, Terry[ATTACH] [IMG]...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  8. Edge - Favorites Bar - How to move shortcuts?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Favorites Bar - How to move shortcuts?: I imported 25 items from IE 11 for my Favorites Bar. 17 is the max number that appears on the horizontal display of the Favorites Bar and 8 appear on the drop down portion below the 'V'. I found that I can drag and move ONLY the ones on the horizontal line to rearrange them,...
  9. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  10. Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData?

in Browsers and Email
    Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData?: I like backing up favorites during weekly backups. Edge favorites are buried 10 folders deep in an obscure place. I tried moving them to see if Edge would ask me where they were but it just created a new favorites folder. I can put a shortcut somewhere but I'd like to move...