Windows 10: Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

Discus and support Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" off. However since the last update whenever I either copy or move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GoodTimesAhead, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

I have the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" off.
    However since the last update whenever I either copy or move a file into any folder windows puts that folder under the Recent group in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

GoodTimesAhead, Nov 19, 2015
  2. DebG_0507 Win User

How to Organize Favorites?

It's clumsy, but I finally figured it out. You can drag it. I would try it with something that isn't important for a test run.

Moving a file and/or folder to a folder: Left click on the file and hold it over the folder where you want it to go. The folder you want to put the file in will flip up and down, so you don't really know if
    it is going in the right place, but it should work. If not and it is put in the folder above or below the folder where you want it to go...

Moving a file and/or folder out of a folder: Left click on the file or folder you want to move out of a folder and put under Favorites in the main Favorites list. Move the folder/file up to "Favorites" on
    the top, and let go. You should find the moved folder/file on the bottom of the list.

If you had mistakenly put the file/folder in the wrong folder because of the flipping folder syndrome mentioned above, just try the above
    Moving a file and/or folder to a folder again and that hope you get the correct folder this time, despite the flipping problem.

Hope this helps. Not a great way to move things. Would prefer something like the Outlook system.

DebG_0507, Nov 19, 2015
  3. where should I put my pictures that I am moving back to the PC files from my external storage?

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I need to move my files (docs & pics) back onto my computer. We wiped it clean, reinstalled my Windows 7 or 8 (forgot which). Should I put the documents in the DOC file folder under my profile under USERS?

Thanks for your help. I don't know which folder the pics go in either.

InsomniaSnip, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

Is this a bug? I still haven't figured out if there's any solution.

GoodTimesAhead, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

1. Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders. - Similar Threads - Moving files folders

2. "Folder or a file in it is in use" when moving a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Folder or a file in it is in use" when moving a folder: I have posted on this topic before with no resolution. The problem has been around for at least a decade. It used to occur in File Explorer and still happens in OneDrive when you use the File Explorer interface offline. The problem is refusals from the software to change...
  3. Recently moved a folder to wpsystem by accident

Recently moved a folder to wpsystem by accident: I moved a folder to WpSystems by mistake and now it is not allowing me to move it out I am receiving an error code that reads Can anyone please help?...
  4. Moving files/folders

Moving files/folders: Hello.I have been trying to move folders from C drive to my extended storage device D. i have followed the instructions given on a different forum, i right clicked on the folder, went to properties and then i wanted to search for location tab but i couldn't find it. only tabs...
  5. moving files in a folder

moving files in a folder: I'm trying to move files pictures around in a folder. In windows 7 I could just move them via the mouse. I've tried cutting & pasting but nothing happens. Any ideas?...
  6. Moving file/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving file/folders: I have a Predator gaming laptop I added a 4tb external drive because I was running out of internal drive space, I have it set so that everything possible will go to that drive. Problem is that while some things load to that drive, addon or mods download to a different folder...
  7. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  8. How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...: ...from Quick Access? I circled the location I want them back: [img] I removed certain folders from this location by right clicking and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". I now want them back there for ease. Please let me know how to do this. Much appreciated. 142555
  9. Frequent folders & recent files

Frequent folders & recent files: Is it possible to prevent Windows Explorer from showing data from an external hard drive in these places? Alternatively, can these items be hidden or deleted?...
  10. Files and Folders have nothing I put in them but have this kind of stuff in them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files and Folders have nothing I put in them but have this kind of stuff in them: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root><SystemConfig><DEP OverrideDEP="false" EmulateAtlThunks="false" Enable="true"/><ASLR Enable="true" OverrideForceRelocateImages="false" ForceRelocateImages="false"/><ControlFlowGuard Enable="false" OverrideStrictCFG="false"...