Windows 10: Moving from Yahoo to Mail Windowss 10

Discus and support Moving from Yahoo to Mail Windowss 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It was easy enough to set up my new Mail account then sync the various folders. Now for my questions. How do I get an icon of Mail onto Edge? Should I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Dec 28, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

Moving from Yahoo to Mail Windowss 10

It was easy enough to set up my new Mail account then sync the various folders. Now for my questions.
    • How do I get an icon of Mail onto Edge?
    • Should I completely delete Yahoo. Btw, I'm leaving Yahoo because my info was hacked.
    • Will my Yahoo email address continue to work on Mail?
    • Will all of my Edge folders contain the data that came from Yahoo after I delete the Yahoo account?
    • Am I overreacting?
    • Feel free to offer any additional advice especially since I have forgotten how all these new apps and systems work.

Thank you

:)

lpatrick, Dec 28, 2016

2. Changing Default Email Client from Outlook to Yahoo Mail in Windows 10

Whenever I right click on a file, left click "Send to", and then click "Mail recipient" , the profile that auto launches is for Outlook. I use Yahoo mail instead. How can I change the email option from Outlook to Yahoo mail? Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

JeffryFinkel, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Yahoo mail Default

How to have Yahoo mail be my default mail in Windows #10 without using Yahoo Messenge in Microsoftt Edge browsr?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

georgefrtsch, Dec 28, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

You are not overreacting, Yahoo mail has been severely compromised and specially since your info was hacked. Kill the sucker dead and don't sync it with any other e-mail account !!! If you have contacts in Yahoo mail, notify them about change of address. Change passwords with any site(s)/institution you were dealing with thru that account.
    Don't use your main mail account for anything not completely secure. Instead of it make a disposable e-mail account with none or false name, phones, addresses etc.

CountMike, Dec 28, 2016
  5. lpatrick Win User
    Please help me understand your advice a bit better. Are you saying I can use my present email address as a disposable and still get all the mail that comes to that account from Yahoo. I am disputer to keep that address due to the thousands of contacts that have it and use it. Is there no choice of change email providers with the old address? I fear not. Thank you for your patience and help. I'm afraid I will have to stay with Yahoo.

lpatrick, Dec 30, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    No, I was suggesting what I do. There are many places with free e-mail. Just make some e-mail address, use false credentials without any real data about yourself and use that account only for inconsequential conversations or for chat rooms or logging in sites you can't trust completely. It's sure as heck it will start filling up with junk mail. When it starts to get unbearable I just kill that account and switch to another one like that. Could be even on same server, doesn't matter much as long as they are not linked together.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving from Yahoo to Mail Windowss 10 - Similar Threads - Moving Yahoo Mail

2. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  3. windowss 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windowss 10: when will Microsoft releasing windows 10 2021 H1 update with major os update like mac os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowss-10/f35642b9-b9cb-4d86-8988-906e92cebdb5
  4. yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  5. Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  6. Move from Mail to ATT/Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Move from Mail to ATT/Yahoo: My W10 Mail is fed by Yahoo but Mail always lags behind so I want to use ATT/Yahoo as my email. How do I make this change? 131339
  7. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  8. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832
  9. Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone

in Browsers and Email
    Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone: I would like to hear from someone who has actually, successfully moved their email service while keeping their same email address from ATT/Yahoo to some other email service. Yes, I have read numerous how to articles but yet to have read a true life experience. Yahoo mail...
  10. Windows Mail Not Retrieving Mail From Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Not Retrieving Mail From Yahoo: Just tried to view retrieve new mail but my Windows Mail continues to clock with no result. In fact, today I cannot open any mail stored in a Windows Mail folder. Have never had this problem in the past. What should I do? 101857