Windows 10: Moving HomeGroup Icon

Discus and support Moving HomeGroup Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed Office and a Homegroup icon appeared on my desktop. I want to move it to a different place on my desktop. Every time I try to move it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alkaufmann, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Moving HomeGroup Icon

I just installed Office and a Homegroup icon appeared on my desktop. I want to move it to a different place on my desktop. Every time I try to move it, it moves right back. Is there a way to make it stick where you want it? I know how to remove it but it is a very nice icon. *Cool

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Feb 6, 2015

2. Homegroup

I find my PC suddenly in homegroup. How did I get in? I did not join homegroup. What happen if I disconnect my PC from homegroup. Will I still get connected to internet. I see that the icon for internet access in the task bar is x-red but I still could get
    internet access.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

LEONARDLUGARTOS, Feb 6, 2015
  3. Vionnet Win User
    Is it possible to move email from one HomeGroup computer to another?

Is it possible to move email from one HomeGroup computer to another HomeGroup computer?

Original title: HomeGroup

Vionnet, Feb 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Moving HomeGroup Icon

Hello Ak,

You can right click on your desktop, click on View in context menu, and click on to uncheck Auto arrange icons. Afterwards, you should be able to move it where you like on your desktop. *Smile

Brink, Feb 6, 2015
  5. Hello Brink,

I searched and followed your instructions before I posted and it did not work for me. I already had that auto arrange unchecked. So I checked it and all my icons moved including the homegroup icon. I unchecked auto arrange again and I could move all the icons except the homegroup icon. Now it is in the middle of my desktop and not at the left side, even more annoying there. *Shock

I have to wonder why someone at Microsoft made this icon so special?

Ak

alkaufmann, Feb 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 6, 2015
  7. Hmmm... I just started Win 10 again and the Homegroup icon has vanished from my desktop. I opened the File Explorer and the Homegroup shows there. I used it to create a shortcut on the desktop and I can move that anywhere I want.

Thanks for your help,
    Ak

alkaufmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Moving HomeGroup Icon

1. Moving HomeGroup Icon - Similar Threads - Moving HomeGroup Icon

2. Moving Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving Icons: DO you have any intention of fixing this problem? Do you care that your customers have this issue? Find a flipping resolution. You have no problem taking our money for us fools that keep buying your products but you have problems coming up with solutions to your bugs....
  3. Moving Icons

Moving Icons: Just put in bigger screen and Icons don't always stay where they are supposed to, they randomly change spots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-icons/53003127-971c-4e28-8d8a-ab6e014d4480
  4. Icons moving

Icons moving: Each morning when I turn on the computer, the icons have been re-arranged. Is this a sign of a malicious virus? Or just another design feature of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-moving/533bca83-2e34-430e-aab8-00cb0fd87283
  5. Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup: My ability to use homegroup has disappeared in the 1803 versions of Win10. Why? What is being done about this? When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/2e78b13a-90d7-4791-87f7-d7539aa9c04d
  6. moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10

moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10: How do i move a Windows 10 profile which is on a 2 year old computer (has HomeGroup) to a brand new computer which has the latest Windows 10 (from which HomeGroup has been discontinued)?...
  7. moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager

moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager: I don't see a way of moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager like I had in windows 8.1. Is there a way? 20136
  8. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  9. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  10. moving icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving icons: The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement 52964