Windows 10: moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager

Discus and support moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't see a way of moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager like I had in windows 8.1. Is there a way? 20136 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drburdi, Aug 29, 2015.

1. drburdi Win User

moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager

I don't see a way of moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager like I had in windows 8.1. Is there a way?

:)

drburdi, Aug 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 file sharing with user permissions using homegroup network on Windows 10.

I am working with a laptop (win10) and can move files to Desktop (Win7), but not from win7 to win10 without getting "I need permissions" window. Setup homegroup but can see laptop from desktop but not visa versa. Not sure what to do.

Gary Mathis, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Bob Flora Win User
    Credentials for Network and homegroup Sharing

Somebody explain how to set credentials for 3 win10 computers all on same router, both for network and homegroup -please.

Moved from Insider

Bob Flora, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager

1. moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager - Similar Threads - moving Homegroup top

2. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  3. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  4. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  5. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  6. SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10: Made a Win10 update recently. As expected, HomeGroup is removed from the updated version. Here's my problem, with the previous build have the HomeGroup in which my SmartTV can access directly to Win10-PC and play the Media files shared in HomeGroup. After the build update...
  7. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  8. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  9. Homegroup setup on Win10 is a little different.

Homegroup setup on Win10 is a little different.: 1. Not necessary to put in Homegroup password in Win10 if one of the other computers on the network is running. it seems to autofill. 2. Disable password protection in network advanced sharing. 3. Share the folders you want to show up under Homegroup by right clicking on...
  10. Moving HomeGroup Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving HomeGroup Icon: I just installed Office and a Homegroup icon appeared on my desktop. I want to move it to a different place on my desktop. Every time I try to move it, it moves right back. Is there a way to make it stick where you want it? I know how to remove it but it is a very nice icon....