Windows 10: Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC

Discus and support Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 drives that were using windows mirroring (Under Disk Management) in my old PC. I've moved them to my new PC, but made a mistake. I'm only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ianvolkwein, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC

I have 2 drives that were using windows mirroring (Under Disk Management) in my old PC.

I've moved them to my new PC, but made a mistake.
    I'm only running Windows 10 Home instead of Pro.
    So when I imported foreign disks they came in as 2 separate disks instead of 1.

I've ordered Windows 10 Pro and plan on upgrading, but am unsure if I can re-import the disks so they appear as 1 since I already imported them.

Any suggestions?

Worse case I can probably reformat one of the drives, but I'm not sure if I can start a new mirror with a drive that already has data (and I really don't want to lose the data).

:)

ianvolkwein, Oct 20, 2016

2. usb hard drive

i install a new flash drive usb used the client software and mirrored my hard drive but now i can not get the computer to boot from the new drive

ken keever, Oct 20, 2016
  3. get windows 10 and disk mirroring

So it's been over a year since this thread was started and I've searched the web for Windows 10 and disk mirroring, yet still find nothing, except this link.

Is it happening or not? I just bought a new desktop with Win 10 Home OEM and moved my mirrored WD2000FYYZ hard drives to the new computer and it won't recognize them. They are active, online, dynamic, mirrored but marked "failed".

I added 2 brand new similar hard drives and disk mirroring (in Disk Management) is not an option, under any circumstance (mbr, gpt, aol, ibm, tandy...) ;-) I make a joke of this but it's really not funny. I had this ability with my Windows 7, but not
    the new and improved 10. Argh....

RetiredWinAdmin, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC

You could put them back in the old pc and break the mirror first (if the new pc already sees them as separate drives, then all you will have to do is to recreate the mirror when you upgrade your OS). This will give two disks with the same data on it. Then you can move one of them or both of them to the new pc and start a new mirror.

play2mefish, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Neemobeer Win User
    If it's a software RAID then there shouldn't be any issues simply moving the drives over, even if it were a hardware RAID, a mirror RAID is pretty forgiving and shouldn't break. You can break the mirror as suggested by play2mefish it won't harm anything since the drives are identical data.

Neemobeer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC

1. Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC - Similar Threads - Moving Software Mirrored

2. Move C Drive to New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move C Drive to New PC: Hi everyone,I'm trying to replace my motherboard and CPU from i9-9900Z390 to i5-13600Z790. I'm using M2 SSD as my C drive now and trying to move it to my new motherboard.What should i do now? Should I just simply move my SSD into new motherboard and run it? Or do I need to...
  3. Move C Drive to New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move C Drive to New PC: Hi everyone,I'm trying to replace my motherboard and CPU from i9-9900Z390 to i5-13600Z790. I'm using M2 SSD as my C drive now and trying to move it to my new motherboard.What should i do now? Should I just simply move my SSD into new motherboard and run it? Or do I need to...
  4. Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive: I built a new PC recently and got a new m.2 SSD Which is my new boot drive/ :C Drive. I was wondering if it was safe to take my old PC :C Drive and put it in my new one and wipe it? Will this cause any issues since there would be two drives with windows installed on them?...
  5. Move C drive to new drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move C drive to new drive: Morning guys.So I have installed a new m.2 SSD into my motherboard. I have a SSD as my main boot drive and a HDD as my Data drive. Is there a way to move my C drive to my m.2 SSD and changing it to C drive without having to reinstall windows 10?...
  6. Anyone have experience with moving GPT mirrored boot drives to a new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone have experience with moving GPT mirrored boot drives to a new motherboard?: Can't find this with Google. I have two 2TB SSDs mirrored with Windows that are my boot drives, and I need to move them to a new motherboard. Same CPU and everything else. Will this cause any problems, or is there a special way I need to do it? Edit: I'm running Windows 10...
  7. Transfer of Raid 1 (mirrored) drives to new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of Raid 1 (mirrored) drives to new PC: I recently built a new desktop PC. I transferred two 8TB drives that were mirrored from my previous PC. In my new PC they show up as one drive. I have put each drive individually and they each show up with all the data. I have backed up this data and wish to use the drives as...
  8. Moving C drive to a new drive

Moving C drive to a new drive: Hello My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs? Thank you for the help. I use windows 10 64bit....
  9. Move to a New PC

Move to a New PC: Hi, I bought a new Pc, and I looking for a solution to back up everything. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-to-a-new-pc/c911e0be-c00c-4d3b-ac0b-40f0ae98bc4a"
  10. Software mirror drive - What if OS changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Software mirror drive - What if OS changed: If the OS used to set up a mirror drive is changed to W7, W8 or a different install of W10, does the mirror drive has to be set up from scratch again? 27987

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mirrored moving

2. move mirrored drive to new pc

3. moving mirrored disks

4. moving software to new pc,
  5. how to re-import mirrored discs