Windows 10: Moving the mouse while Search or Action Center is open closes them

Discus and support Moving the mouse while Search or Action Center is open closes them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I click the Search icon on the taskbar and proceed to type something, the search results show up just fine, but the second I move my mouse to click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jsz, Jul 30, 2015.

1. JSZ
    jsz Win User

Moving the mouse while Search or Action Center is open closes them

If I click the Search icon on the taskbar and proceed to type something, the search results show up just fine, but the second I move my mouse to click on one of them, the whole window closes. This effectively makes searching impossible.

If I click the Action Center icon in the notification area, it comes up (but on the wrong monitor -- I have my taskbar at the top of my right monitor and the Action Center comes up on the right side of the left monitor) but the same issue from the Search window happens - the second I move my mouse away from the taskbar to actually interact with the Action Center, it disappears.

Moving the taskbar to the "traditional" place (bottom of the left monitor) gives me the exact same results. I wonder if this has something to do with my mouse settings in some way. In Windows 7 I had it so hovering the mouse over a window for a second would bring that window to the front without having to click, and since I don't seem to find that exact option in W10, I'm thinking maybe some deprecated-but-still-active setting is in a weird state causing this issue?

:)

2. Compupix Win User

Windows 10 Action Center Clear All

Suggestion: Move (or allow the option to move or duplicate) the "Clear All" action to the bottom so it is closer to the System Tray icon that was used to open the Action Center. Why force us to move the mouse all the way to the top to clear all?

Thanks.

Compupix, Jul 30, 2015
  3. File History - how to delete recent version

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

If something goes wrong in File History, you'll see a message in the desktop that appears in the notification area on the taskbar. You can tap or click the notification to open Action Center and fix the problem. If you miss the notification, you can open
    Action Center in Control Panel. Here are some notifications you might see and actions you can take to solve the problems.

To open Action Center, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then click
    Search), enter Action Center in the search box, and then tap or click
    Action Center.

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with the issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-something-goes-wrong-file-history

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 30, 2015
  4. JSZ
    jsz Win User

Anyone else experiencing this?

5. JSZ
    jsz Win User
    Fixed it.

"MouseKeys" in accessibility was mucking everything up.

6. YOU
    You Win User
    Be sure to mark the thread as solved!

Thema:

1. Moving the mouse while Search or Action Center is open closes them - Similar Threads - Moving mouse while

2. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  3. Action Center Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  4. Windows Action Center Opening and Closing

Windows Action Center Opening and Closing: My action Center opens and closes but I cannot open it without it shutting immediately so I can't use it or clear notifications. I tried all the fixes and can't fix it. How do I fix this? One fix was to rename a file I couldn't because it was in use. Any help would be great....
  5. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  6. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  7. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  8. Move Action Center to the left

Move Action Center to the left: Hi! My taskbar is moved to the left side, that's how I like it basicaly. And when everything seems to be fine, Action Center on the right is pretty bad experience - having to move cursor all over the pleace to reach it. Is there a way to move Action Center to pop on the left...
  9. Can't open my slide search bar... Can.t close Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open my slide search bar... Can.t close Action Center: I had 8.1 with the sliding search bar and settings and it will not open. it opens up with Action Center..no X to get rid of the page. I did add Cortona and wonder if she took over my slide search page. Not liking this already. Just shut Cortona off and the Action...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i move my mouse to an open window from taskbar the window closes