Windows 10: Moving the start tab

Discus and support Moving the start tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I change/increase the screen resolution to an option which provides a full-sized screen, the start menu tab (and others to the far left)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkLaChey, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Moving the start tab

When I change/increase the screen resolution to an option which provides a full-sized screen, the start menu tab (and others to the far left) disappears on the task bar. How do I set the resolution to get a full screen and still keep my complete task bar settings. And it makes no difference if I'm at 100% or 125% font size.

Thank you.

:)

MarkLaChey, Jul 22, 2018
  2. 2311ski Win User

Start bar and Alt+Tab stop working after PC is on after awhile

After running Win10 without any major issues since its' release about a week ago I started encountering an apparently pretty common issue with the start bar not working. Along with the start bar not being accessible, when I try to use alt+tab, it also does
    not work. When I first logon to my PC it works fine but after awhile the issue appears. I've read through the various publications online detailing the steps of:

• Running /sfc scannow
    • Re-installing windows apps
    • Repairing windows update
    • Lastly, I have reset my PC (while keeping my files)

After going through all of the above, the issue still appears..

My next step is to create another account and use that, before I do that, does anyone else have any other suggestions for this issue?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

2311ski, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

4. W1zzard Win User

Moving the start tab

Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Moving the start tab

1. Moving the start tab - Similar Threads - Moving start tab

2. Moving tabs automatically fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving tabs automatically fullscreen: When i move a tab around it automatically fullscreen, when I move to the second display this also happens. How do I disable this? It only started happening when I connected my second monitor, they are both the same resoultion. I have done this method; Click Start...
  3. setting tab in start and update windows tab not working

setting tab in start and update windows tab not working: hi, on 3rd june 2020 my laptop automatically upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. after that i found that the setting tab is not working at all. so all features related to setting are stuck. even the upgrade windows option is also not working now. unable to change anything...
  4. Problematic shortcut to the start tab

Problematic shortcut to the start tab: Hello, whenever i press "w" plus any of the numbers above the letters the start tab windows key pops up. Is there any way to disable this shortcut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problematic-shortcut-to-the-start-tab/b39bed6d-50fc-45c9-b7d0-d5b96c224e98
  5. Start search tab bug

in Cortana
    Start search tab bug: Recently, windows rolled out a cumulative 1909 update. It caused search tab bug, no results i.e blank tab with no recents etc. No action works in start search bar, just pops up. Again to resolve this 2020-01 cumulative update for 1909, x64 bit was given. It didn't resolve the...
  6. Alt+Tab Is automatically moving my windows

Alt+Tab Is automatically moving my windows: The issue is when I have any window on my second monitor, be it Spotify or a browser listening to YouTube, while I'm playing a game on my main monitor and I Alt+Tab to change the song/video, windows will automatically minimize my game and move my program on the second monitor...
  7. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  8. When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear: I use Edge browser but encountered an annoying issue. When I move tabs to a new window in YouTube to watch a video while doing other things and then try to move it back to the main browser where I have other opened tabs, the tab which I want to move disappears but the audio...
  9. Start Tab

Start Tab: When I first started my computer, it would go to Microsoft. Last week, it switched over to opening on Google and so many ads, that I want to go back to my original default. How can I do that?...
  10. New tab automatically moves to top

New tab automatically moves to top: In previous versions of Windows, there was an option to set that the new tab goes on top. Is there a setup on Windows 10 that does bring the tab to the top? Thank you...