Windows 10: Moving tiles to start menu

Discus and support Moving tiles to start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willden, Oct 22, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Moving tiles to start menu

Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu.

:)

willden, Oct 22, 2015

2. Start Menu Tiles Disappear when trying to move them

Since the major update to Windows 10, I have been unable to move tiles in the Start Menu.

The tiles appear as they should when selected and locate themselves in their own space. I then try to move that tile to a space that I would like and then it is gone.

How can I arrange tiles to my desired location in the Start Menu?

cyclone5501, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Tile fixing

Hello,

Moving tiles in the Start menu is one of the features that Windows 10 users are able to do to organize the applications that you are using. For us to assist you on how you'll be able to arrange or move your tiles in the Start menu, kindly follow the simple
    steps listed below:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click and hold on the tile you want to move.
    • Drag the tile to the position you want.
    • Let go.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Moving tiles to start menu - Similar Threads - Moving tiles start

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  4. Cannot move random start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move random start menu tiles: I have certain start menu tiles, regardless of size, that can be displaced by other tiles, but if you try to move them anywhere on their own, they just snap back into their original position. This condition has existed for me I would say years now. As in the past, the only...
  5. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  6. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  7. How do I move tiles in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move tiles in the start menu?: Drag and drop doesn't do anything, the tile just disappears an reappears when I release the mouse. 21577
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326