Windows 10: Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks?

Discus and support Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am moving to a new computer w win 10Pro OS. I am moving from a win 7Pro OS. Will my Office 2007 suite be installed in win 10 in the same location... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by maryeleek, Feb 23, 2018.

1. maryeleek Win User

Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks?

I am moving to a new computer w win 10Pro OS. I am moving from a win 7Pro OS.

Will my Office 2007 suite be installed in win 10 in the same location as it was in win 7?

Is the file hierarchy identical to win7?

The reason I ask: I will be reinstalling my old Office 2007 suite with it's version of OneNote. My notebooks were created using this version of OneNote. I use Carbonite to backup my files. There is a process with Carbonite where I can restore my files to a new computer but I don't know if it automatically restores the files in the same place as they were in win7, or if I must direct the files to a new location. Don't want to arrive at that possible decision and not know what to do.

I also see mention of a version of OneNote that comes preinstalled with win 10? Will these two MS same type apps conflict with each other?

:)

maryeleek, Feb 23, 2018
  2. SCAMoore Win User

How to open documents after MyPhone sync

MyPhone sync's both my Mobile OneNote notes and my Notes from WM6. The problem is once they are on my PC there is no way to view them. Notes (.pwi) are jiberish when I open them from any Office 2007 program and I can't open my OneNote (.1sp) notes from
    my OneNote 2007 application on my PC. OneNote says "Files from other applications cannot be opened". How do I open a .1sp file in OneNote 2007 and/or a .pwi file on my PC? Ideally associate the files with the native applications on my PC. It worked fine
    with Activesync since it had built in converters but that functionality went away with Vista and the new Sync Center and also seems to be lacking with MyPhone.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

Office 2007 w/Outlook & OneNote and everything else

SCAMoore, Feb 23, 2018
  3. OneNote

Hi Marvin,

I have not used OneNote at all (new computer). After browsing through NoteBook, I saw the 2007 Guide. Clicked on it and it asked if I wanted to update. The message came up"OneNote cannot convert the following section because some of its pages are not
    completely synced:

Getting Started with OneNote"

"Please sync the notebook and try again......"

I did the sync, although there was nothing in it to sync. Still the 2007 Guide.

Maybe this OneNote has not changed since 2007.

NancyTyrrell, Feb 23, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

I just checked one of my Win10 computers that DOES NOT have Microsoft Office installed and it does indeed include OneNote [still says Office on the opening screen just above OneNote]. It is listed in the O section of the Start menu. On my main computer with Office 2013 I have 2 icons for OneNote, the one that came with Office is in the M section and Microsoft Office while the other is in the O section. Looking at the application version number shows Version 15 for the Office 2013 suite and Version 17 for what came with Win10. I don't use OneNote so can't say if there's conflicts with files.

Berton, Feb 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks? - Similar Threads - Moving computer win10Pro

2. How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup: My notebook in onedrive has suddently become empty, and therefore I can't sync to it anymore. Luckily I have a backup.This backup however is in a folder format, where the Notebook is a folder, the section groups are folders and then the sections are .one files. How do I...
  3. How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup: My notebook in onedrive has suddently become empty, and therefore I can't sync to it anymore. Luckily I have a backup.This backup however is in a folder format, where the Notebook is a folder, the section groups are folders and then the sections are .one files. How do I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  5. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  6. Remove a OneNote notebook

Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  7. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  8. Restore OneNote

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore OneNote: How do I reinstall OneNote that I unintentionally removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-onenote/2a6b77af-bdcf-44ff-9b62-37da02b1b537
  9. OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook

OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook: Everytime I try to create a new notebook it thinks about it and then nothing happens. Also, my OneDrive has disappeared....
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving onenote 2007 to new computer 2010