Windows 10: Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Discus and support Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In preparation of installing an Intel Optane Memory Module one of the requirements(see attached requirements) is to have an unallocated space of at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tktk88, May 28, 2018.

1. tktk88 Win User

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

In preparation of installing an Intel Optane Memory Module one of the requirements(see attached requirements) is to have an unallocated space of at least 5MB at the end of the disk.
    Currently I have 550MB of unallocated space on the drive I will be using the Intel Optane Memory Module for but its at the front of the disk(see attached Disk Management Screen Shot) and not the end. Is there a way to simply move the unallocated space from the front of the disk to the end?

:)

tktk88, May 28, 2018

2. Unallocated spaces at the begining and the end of the Disk?!

Oops! i thought they're just 2 partitions and Windows made them Unallocated someway somehow!

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk [​IMG]

Yeah i can't delete Unallocated space, what i meant was deleting Partition D:\ so its space would be merged with the 839KB at the end of the Disk, then creating a new Partition of the whole space. So these Unallocated spaces at the begining and the end are
    GPT related? Actually this is my first experience using GPT Disks, and i have never encountered such a thing with MBR.

Maged Montaser Mansour, May 29, 2018
  3. Unallocated spaces at the begining and the end of the Disk?!

Hello,

I got a new 4TB Hard drive and have decided to make it the Boot drive with Windows 10, so i did a clean install of Version 1511 (Build 10586) via a USB Stick and Partitioned my new Hard drive during the Setup through a
    Custom Installation process, it created 3 hidden system Partitions: a
    450MB "Recovery" Partition, a 100MB "System" Partition, and a
    16MB "MSR Reserved" Partition. These 3 system Partitions are familiar to me and i have a slight knowledge about them.

However, when i Boot to my other Hard drive (MBR with Windows 7) i loaded up EaseUS Partition Master software, it shows
    2 Unallocated spaces: a 1MB Unallocated space at the beginning of the Disk (for BitLocker i believe. Correct me if i'm wrong), and a
    839KB Unallocated space at the end of the Disk.

Note: These are only showing on Partition Master software, and do not appear on windows Disk Management utility.

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk [​IMG]

I don't know what are these Unallocated spaces for, Do they should exist or not? i'm looking for some information about them.

Any help is much appreciated!

Maged Montaser Mansour, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

1. Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk - Similar Threads - Moving Unallocated Disk

2. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  3. Asus unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus unallocated disk space: I have an Asus TUF F17 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 487GB free. I want to try and make a new partition. Attahed is screen shot from Disk Management....
  4. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  5. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  6. Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management

Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management: How do I move my unallocated space from disk 0 to disk 1 without using any outside sources. [Original Title: Disk Management] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-unallocated-space-in-the-disk-management/b88aa317-e6d3-4902-9fd4-6794aa4912b9
  7. Creating Unallocated Space at End of Disk (Partitioning)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating Unallocated Space at End of Disk (Partitioning): Hi, I have a 250 GB SSD that I just installed Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.329 on. I'd like to create a new, 20 GB partition of unallocated space at the end of this drive. However, it appears that during installation, the Windows 10 setup created a 500 MB recovery...
  8. How to move unallocated disk space between partitions

How to move unallocated disk space between partitions: I have used up almost all of the space on my C: Drive and have plenty of storage in my F: Drive however after make Unallocated space from the F: Drive on Disk 2 I can't extend my C: Drive on Disk 0. Is there a way, without having to use 3rd party software, to move the...
  9. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  10. Unallocated Disk Space

Unallocated Disk Space: I recently bought a small laptop to do admin work while out-of-town. The computer came in with a 100 MB partition allocated to Recovery. That didn't leave me enough room for a Windows upgrade. There was nothing in the partition so I created an external Recovery, deleted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move unallocated hard disk to end of disk