Windows 10: Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

Discus and support Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tregarth, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Tregarth Win User

Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer.

I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch to the newer PC can I move my current copy of Win 10 to the new PC? I own the discs for Windows 7 Home Premium (32 and 64 bit versions complete with product key)

Thank you,

Tregarth

:)

Tregarth, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Tregarth Win User

My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer.

I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch to the newer PC can I move my current copy of Win 10 to the new PC? I own the discs for Windows 7 Home Premium (32 and 64 bit versions complete with product key)

Thank you,

Tregarth, Sep 25, 2018
  3. SK_SD Win User
    Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

It is also running Win 10.

I tried PC Mover Express, it moved about 96 GB, more than I expected and then failed.

It suggested to restart the whole process!

Is it advisable to do it again? How do I get rid of old trash, will it recover the space?

I am on a 240 GB SSD and don't want to fill it up.

thanks.

SK_SD, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one? - Similar Threads - Moving old

2. Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop: HiI bought my old laptop with W10 home pre installed, I then bought a W10/11 upgrade through MS store, I received a confirmation email but there was no digital licence attached to email see screen shots below.Now I have bought a new laptop & would like to use the W10/11 pro...
  3. Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop: HiI bought my old laptop with W10 home pre installed, I then bought a W10/11 upgrade through MS store, I received a confirmation email but there was no digital licence attached to email see screen shots below.Now I have bought a new laptop & would like to use the W10/11 pro...
  4. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  5. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  6. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

7. How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...: How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the clock?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-old-copilot-icon-position-in/70cf0413-b01d-4c04-8348-8fba90dfefba
  8. How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...

How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...: How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the clock?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-old-copilot-icon-position-in/70cf0413-b01d-4c04-8348-8fba90dfefba
  9. Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...

Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...: I recently bought a new computer, and wanted to use this opportunity to have a blank computer with no saved info that pops up, i.e. emails, passwords, card info and didn't want any of my old apps, etc. How do I use my account to have this new computer, but not have any old...
  10. Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...: I recently bought a new computer, and wanted to use this opportunity to have a blank computer with no saved info that pops up, i.e. emails, passwords, card info and didn't want any of my old apps, etc. How do I use my account to have this new computer, but not have any old...