Windows 10: Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD

Discus and support Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hard drive is dying. so wondering how to get W10 on my new HDD. i know the product key is bound via hardware but where would i get the win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DiBBz, Dec 19, 2016.

1. DiBBz Win User

Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD

hard drive is dying. so wondering how to get W10 on my new HDD. i know the product key is bound via hardware but where would i get the win10 installation files for USB ?

:)

DiBBz, Dec 19, 2016

2. Moving Windows 10

Hi I have Windows 10 from free upgrade and Im planning to buy a new hdd to replace my old hdd for my desktop. Is there a way to move my os from the old hdd to the new without reinstalling it? If there is, how? Thank You

KouseiArima, Dec 19, 2016
  3. RexCypher Win User
    Transfering OS from old HDD to new HDD

My old hdd is windows 10, but only has ~30gb left of storage and a broken sata cable receiver. Bought a 3TB hdd. Is there a way to transfer all the files and os system from the old to the new?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RexCypher, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

5. bro67 Win User
    Download the ISO from microsoft.com and install on the new drive, then reinstall everything. There is software out there that will allow you to move the current image over to a new drive. It would mean having to do a sector by sector with the old drive dying.

bro67, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    You don't need to reinstall everything - you can use Macrium Reflect Free to transfer your system to a new disk. See my guide for tips.
    SSD Transfer.docx

Steve C, Dec 19, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Read the last part that I posted.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD - Similar Threads - Moving HDD

2. Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...: Hello , i have an gigabye B450 M S2H motherboard and i would like to install a NVME SDD . There are already 1 HDD & 1 SDD via SATA but i would like to movecopy clone etc. all files including windows 10 to NVME SDD. Is it possible to by windows itself or i must use external...
  3. Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...: Hello , i have an gigabye B450 M S2H motherboard and i would like to install a NVME SDD . There are already 1 HDD & 1 SDD via SATA but i would like to movecopy clone etc. all files including windows 10 to NVME SDD. Is it possible to by windows itself or i must use external...
  4. Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  6. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  7. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...
  8. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...
  9. How to move Program files from SSD to HDD in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to move Program files from SSD to HDD in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to move Program files from an SSD drive to an HDD drive. SSDs (Solid State Drives) are faster, durable, smaller, and consume less drive. On the other hand, HDDs (Hard Disk Drives) are cheaper with a larger storage capacity. So,...
  10. I want to use external HDD to back up separate different windows PCs by moving it between them.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to use external HDD to back up separate different windows PCs by moving it between them.: I have several Windows 10 PCs and a single 5TB external HDD for backup. When I try to move it between machines and do image backup on each, the backups work, but the folders show up as empty except on the very first PC I connected the HDD to. No tries of "take ownership" etc...