Windows 10: MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ?

Discus and support MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Tried backing up my Thunderbird eMails using MOZ Backup. Always worked just fine on my old pc running W7. Now, with W10 on new pc, I get... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Robert11, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Robert11 Win User

MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ?

Hello,

Tried backing up my Thunderbird eMails using MOZ Backup.
    Always worked just fine on my old pc running W7.

Now, with W10 on new pc, I get a warning from my BitDefender Anti Virus program that there "might" be ransomware, as MOZ Baxkup is trying to modify some file called "index.xxx"

Anyone have any experience running MOZ Backup in W10 ?
    Think it is safe to run ?

Any thoughts on ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 8, 2016

2. N900 blank screen

they will definately wipe your device clean.

so be sure that you back up your data.

you can create a new backup on your device using "backup" and save that backup to your memory card.

this will back up your calendar/contacts/conversations/email settings/phone settings/applications list and make it much easier...IF you get an n900 back.

if it were me.. that may be fine, but i would be sure you synced your device with outlook or thunderbird, or ovi suite.

ceroberts75, Apr 8, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Thunderbird Mail - All accounts deleted in recent W10 update

It's good that you got it fixed. There's a free and very simple backup app for Mozilla programs that you can use to quickly back up Thunderbird settings, folders, emails and extensions and just as easily restore them if the need arises. Get
    Mozbackup.

JimWynne, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I have used MozBackup on all my Windows 10 computers without any problems. My guess is a false positive.

Winuser, Apr 8, 2016
  5. Robert11 Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for info.

Guess I will give it a try.

Might I please ask which link, or exactly from where, you downloaded it from ?

I would like to use "exactly" what you are using, since it works well for you.

Much thanks again,
    Bob

Robert11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ? - Similar Threads - MOZ Backup backing

2. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  3. back-up Aarchive in email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    back-up Aarchive in email: I made a lot of folders for recipes in Archive - the left hand side - in my email thinking it was 'safe' but later found out it isn't. How do I 'back-up or save all these Archive folders in email in case of a computer crash?...
  4. Back up emails

Back up emails: I need to back up some emails, however I use windows.mail, so how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-emails/38440a63-a48a-4357-a546-94f3796342da"
  5. Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!: Hi there The rediculous idea of "automating" email account set ups is Bonkers -- in Thunderbird the only way to get back to any sort of manual setup (remember you could have separate inbound and outbound mail servers with different user id's (logon id's) and passwords) is to...
  6. backing up Mozila Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    backing up Mozila Thunderbird: If I simply back up the Thunderbird profiles folder and it's subfolders will that be backing up everything I'll need? To restore Thunderbird do I simply copy the saved profiles folder over to the newly reinstalled Thunderbird? May I also assume saving the profile folder will...
  7. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  8. Email error Thunderbird/Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email error Thunderbird/Gmail: Hi. Email works fine. Getting an error (lower right corner) occasionally that says "Authentication Error:" then it quickly disappears (too fast to read). Can I keep it on the screen? Dell laptop that has worked fine almost a year. No Pause button. Any fix? Thanks....
  9. Thunderbird Email Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Email Problem: Every time I send email with Thunderbird I put multiple recipients in the Bcc: section and no one in the To: section and that is what is shown. However, when the people I'm sending it to get the email everyone is in the To: line and they can see everyone else's email address....
  10. Firefox and Thunderbird backup

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and Thunderbird backup: Mozbackup still works fine under W10. A Thunderbird backup may take a while depending on its size. Mine was 2.1GB I back mine up monthly to an external drive and NAS just in case *Wink MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird 12657

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moz backup fails

2. moz backup tutorial