Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

Discus and support Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dbcunnz, Nov 3, 2015.

1. dbcunnz Win User

Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error.
    Everything else is working fine.

Specs
    MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    Graphics: Asus GTX 680
    Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB

:)

dbcunnz, Nov 3, 2015
  2. BMerson Win User

Windows 10 Blue screen of Death computer restart perjury

I'm not sure what caused the crash. It was upon opening the computer that I was greeted with the BSOD. I was using the laptop the day before and I was using iTunes. I did leave the program running and when I went to use the computer once more, BSOD.
    This is the only thing I had running. An Internet window may have been open but I don't believe so. Mozilla Firefox.

BMerson, Nov 3, 2015
  3. mozilla firefox

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Try uninstalling Firefox then restart into Normal mode, try installing it again.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 3, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Nov 3, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    Some things to put into consideration are a outdated BIOS and drivers (Firefox uses hardware acceleration, perhaps graphics drivers). But I'll let axe0 do his thing.

6. axe0 New Member
    I have a 0x139(KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE) 7/10 times seen crashing due to graphics drivers *Wink, but there are many other possible things to consider that might be involved with a crash.

axe0, Nov 3, 2015
  7. dbcunnz Win User
    Yes I am still here
    At the moment I have gone back to my windows 7 x64 Ultimate and will continue using it until windows 10 has all the bugs sorted out.

dbcunnz, Nov 10, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

Oh. Well I hope that can eventually go back to 10.

9. dbcunnz Win User
    If you can give me a fix to stop both Firefox and now Chrome from causing the BSOD I will go back to win 10.
    I have tried everything I know of but nothing seems to work for either Firefox or Chrome
    I have updated to the latest graphic card drivers I have also disabled the hardware acceleration on both also installed both the latest versions of both Chrome and Firefox and as none of those fixed the problem I have gone back to win 7

dbcunnz, Nov 10, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    Well, nobody can really do anything unless upload some logs from the BSOD (second post gives a link on how to do that).

11. dbcunnz Win User
    I had already uploaded a log as an edit to my first post but here it is again
    Attachment 47440

dbcunnz, Nov 10, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Hi dbcunnz,

A FYI, editing your post is fine, but please keep in mind that nobody will be notified when a post is edited.

Also to note, the zip you have uploaded isn't up to date anymore. This means that it isn't really useful for analysing and it also doesn't contain any record regarding a BSOD.

It is much appreciated, if you decide to upgrade again, to upload a new zip file when another BSOD occured.

Thema:

1. Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD - Similar Threads - Mozilla Firefox causing

2. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  3. Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla: As Mozilla tightens and refines its product focus in 2020, today we are announcing the end of life for two legacy services that grew out of the Firefox Test Pilot program: Firefox Send and Firefox Notes. Both services are being decommissioned and will no longer be a part of...
  4. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  5. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  6. Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad: We know that iPads aren’t just bigger versions of iPhones. You use them differently, you need them for different things. So rather than just make a bigger version of our browser for iOS, we made Firefox for iPad look and feel like it was custom made for a tablet. Mostly...
  7. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  8. Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension...
  9. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  10. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10: Firefox makes improvements for Windows 10 http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/11/firefox-40-arrives-with-windows-10-support-expanded-malware-protection-and-new-android-navigation-gestures/ https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/0...add-ons-safer/ 15425

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure open mozilla firefox

2. firefox bsod

3. firefox windows 10 bsod