Windows 10: Mozilla KB

Discus and support Mozilla KB in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Mozilla Thunderbird as email client, because of its infinite flexibility as to number of accounts it will support. However I am not enamored of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chipwood, Aug 17, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Mozilla KB

I use Mozilla Thunderbird as email client, because of its infinite flexibility as to number of accounts it will support. However I am not enamored of the Knowledge Base I have been trying to reinstate the profile from the time previous to a windows re-installation. The KB with its small print and complicated-wording left me defeated, and I am setting up my accounts manually.

Does anyone know of an easier to follow Thunderbird guide, or a free email client that gives the same degree of flexibility as Thunderbird?

:)

chipwood, Aug 17, 2017
  2. DrEJV Win User

Changing The Default Font for N900's default browser

why not post your question on the mozilla, firefox site? It's not a nokia product.... or check here
    Firefox Help

DrEJV, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Mozilla KB

Hi chipwood.

I assume you copied the entire directory that contained your profile and all other files related to it. If so....

After installing the products for the first time use the Windows “Run” command to start eachproduct with the –p option. Example “Thunderbird -P”. This opens the profile manager. Use create tocreate a new profile. Give it a name like Ken and then point the data directory to where youstored the entire profile directory. This should be a permanent folder in your data structure so you would first have to copy the folder in if it is coming from an external backup.

This is the process I use.

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
  5. I use Mozbackup 1.5 to save the profiles of Firefox and Thunderbird, it works great.

Josey Wales, Aug 17, 2017
  6. DooGie Win User
    I agree with you there Josey. I've used MozBackup for years with no problems whatsoever. It's annoying that it's no longer updated though.

DooGie, Aug 17, 2017
  7. chipwood Win User
    It's embarrassing! I'm not sure what you mean.

chipwood, Aug 17, 2017
  8. chipwood Win User

Mozilla KB

I have used it, but this time I had to download it anew from some odd site and it didn't work for me. I wish hadn't lost the old installation folder in the mists of time.

chipwood, Aug 17, 2017
  9. If you copied your old profile directory onto a backup then you would copy that folder back on to your new computer.

I would make it a sub folder of your document library. Then when you back up documents you get your profile.

I likely should not have used the word point. When you create profile it also you to navigate to an existing folder, in this case it would the folder you created within documents with your profile.

Hope this makes sense.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mozilla KB

1. Mozilla KB - Similar Threads - Mozilla

2. Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2: Hi Community,Please help me with one query. I have one windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 in which Mozilla Firefox is installed and running on version 115.0, when I am trying to upgrade it to latest version which is 122.0, it is reporting some error. Is there a restriction on...
  3. Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2: Hi Community,Please help me with one query. I have one windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 in which Mozilla Firefox is installed and running on version 115.0, when I am trying to upgrade it to latest version which is 122.0, it is reporting some error. Is there a restriction on...
  4. no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good: OS on this PC says not connected to internet. Game Store will not download. But you have received this message using and ethernet connection to the router and modem....
  5. no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good

no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good: OS on this PC says not connected to internet. Game Store will not download. But you have received this message using and ethernet connection to the router and modem....
  6. no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?: I've already saved 'My Docs' to flash drive, but can't even find the Mozilla Firefox bookmarks that are supposed to be saved in a Mozilla profile somewhere in Windows. I also want to save My Settings.If I do need to save Bookmarks and My Settings before updating Win 10 BIOS,...
  8. Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?: I've already saved 'My Docs' to flash drive, but can't even find the Mozilla Firefox bookmarks that are supposed to be saved in a Mozilla profile somewhere in Windows. I also want to save My Settings.If I do need to save Bookmarks and My Settings before updating Win 10 BIOS,...
  9. Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?

10. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...