Windows 10: Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo...

Discus and support Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Mozilla Corporation and Yahoo announced a "strategic five-year partnership" agreement today. The deal makes Yahoo the default search experience for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 19, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo...

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 19, 2014

2. Spinning Blue Circle while typing an e-mail in yahoo mail

My wife recently had this problem on her Mac Air using Safari & Yahoo Mail-lagging cursor,

spinning wheel, to the point it made the email virtually useless. I never have had it on my iMac.

I decided to use Firefox, and it worked.

FIREFOX TO ACCESS YAHOO EMAIL

(Clears up lagging cursor, spinning wheel)

· Download Firefox

· Open Firefox

· Go to Firefox preferences

· Select “Search” from the left side menu

· Under “Default Search Engine” select “Yahoo”

Close Firefox

· Reopen Firefox

· You are now in search mode in Firefox

· Click on the big blue arrow for “Search”- auto takes you to Yahoo,

· Click the “mail” icon in upper right corner-takes you straight to Yahoo In Box

· So far have no problems, opening and replying, composing and sending.

LewisAustin41, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Delno Win User
    Yahoo

I have a hp G72 notebook with windows 10 OS. Also using Mozilla firefox browser with which I would like to have Yahoo as my home page. Can someone assist me in this?

Delno, Nov 19, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

NO!!!

Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo... [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 19, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, Nov 19, 2014
  6. Rickkins Win User
    I find this hilarious.

Rickkins, Nov 19, 2014
  7. Zardoc Win User
    If IE and Firefox would join, we might have a pretty decent browser. My 2 cents

Zardoc, Nov 19, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

As if there is no way to change the default search engine manually.

It would have been better if they use Duck-Duck-Go. A more secure search engine.

badrobot, Nov 19, 2014
  9. swarfega Win User
    They keep making the wrong decisions. First ads and now this. Yahoo hasn't been relevant for many years. I agree with DDG as an alternative.

swarfega, Nov 19, 2014
  10. Winuser Win User
    They probably didn't have a choice. Google was paying them $300 million a year. Either Google didn't want to renew or Yahoo offered a better deal.

Winuser, Nov 19, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User
    Or Google doesn't need firefox. Because they know, no matter what browser anyone prefers, Google is like an instinct when it comes to finding answers online.

badrobot, Nov 19, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    Google probably recouped their loses and got the heck outta there and Yahoo probably jumped all over it!
    Problem is now you'll probably see tons of 'tabloid' and 'social site' laden pages in results! *Sad

However, it's not hard to change default search engines and delete the rest, (knock on wood!)
    You could even delete search plugins if need be.
    (C:\Program Files\Firefox\browser\searchplugins)

Edwin, Nov 19, 2014
  13. Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo...

Mozilla and Yahoo are looking at most users which have no idea you can change search engines in a browser.
    They use what ever is there and think no more of it.

Layback Bear, Nov 20, 2014
  14. swarfega Win User
    I know a couple in my neighbourhood who follow that rule. They use the web mail that comes with their ISP, and rarely change default things.

swarfega, Nov 20, 2014
  15. Yahoo pretty much sucks so that's a bad deal,
    In any case I suppose it's an easy thing to change :/

Good thing I downloaded Firefox yesterday and have the settings so it will alert me to updates and not update search engines *Wink

ThrashZone, Nov 20, 2014
Thema:

1. Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo... - Similar Threads - Mozilla strikes Firefox

2. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  3. Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla: As Mozilla tightens and refines its product focus in 2020, today we are announcing the end of life for two legacy services that grew out of the Firefox Test Pilot program: Firefox Send and Firefox Notes. Both services are being decommissioned and will no longer be a part of...
  4. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  5. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  6. Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad: We know that iPads aren’t just bigger versions of iPhones. You use them differently, you need them for different things. So rather than just make a bigger version of our browser for iOS, we made Firefox for iPad look and feel like it was custom made for a tablet. Mostly...
  7. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  8. Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension...
  9. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  10. Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD: Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Graphics: Asus GTX 680 Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro 28687