Windows 10: mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows

Discus and support mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded my mp3 music from my old laptop, which was operating on Windows 8, to a 1TB external hard drive. Now when I try to play the mp3 music on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greypoh, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Greypoh Win User

mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows

I downloaded my mp3 music from my old laptop, which was operating on Windows 8, to a 1TB external hard drive. Now when I try to play the mp3 music on my new laptop, which operates on Windows 10, some of the songs will not play. Can this be corrected?

:)

Greypoh, Nov 15, 2016

2. mp3 transfers to wma

I got a bush mpk8009buk mp3 player. I can transfer songs what was in wma format to windows 10 & they play but when I try upload new songs on to mp3 player the song name is there but when I press to play song it comes up wrong format file,It only seen to
    play wma not mp3 format songs downloads,is there a way to convert MP3 songs to WMA format so I can play them on my bush MP3 player

lucasthomp07, Nov 15, 2016
  3. AnantG Win User
    data transfer

Hi !!

When I transfer the MP3 songs from my windows 7 PC on the Windows 8 phone Lumia 620 (music folder album subfolder which are the default folders.), then I found that songs are automatically duplicated and also some songs do not play at all giving some error
    saying that the songs cannot be played on your phone.

Where might be the problem?

AnantG, Nov 15, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

What program was playing mp3's in Windows 8 before ? In Windows 10, it should, at least, default to Groove unless you have something else installed. Follow the 2 screenshots. R-click any mp3/Open with/Choose another app to get to 2nd screen. Choose preferred or default player/check Always use this .../OK

mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows [​IMG]

mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

1. mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows - Similar Threads - mp3 songs downloaded

2. Windows 10, not able to open downloaded MP3 or PDF files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, not able to open downloaded MP3 or PDF files.: I cannot open newly downloaded MP3 and PDF files. After clicking on them, there is no Play command, only Open With and choice of Microsoft App store. I can open existing MP3 and PDFs....
  3. Songs wont play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Songs wont play: I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs-wont-play/ae9d05b2-1dbe-4b6b-b38e-d9b3f994312a
  4. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"
  5. MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player: I set a DSS player as a default for playing my video and audio files. But it changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change it back. I want my files to be played by my default app rather than Windows Media Player....
  6. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  7. Download MP3 app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download MP3 app: Every time I try to download an MP3 from my Gmail to my download folder in down load as in Adobe and not Groove music, the default on my computer. I never used to have this problem until recently, apparently something has changed. I probably inadvertently changed something...
  8. certain songs won't play

certain songs won't play: how do I play songs not supported by media player because the codec or formatting is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-songs-wont-play/46e740f9-7175-4b2e-9c2e-a5e7a1571850
  9. Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont): I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise. From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive. When i tried to play songs from my local part c: ,...
  10. Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected: Issue: Windows 10 plays Mp3 Files just fine. Connect an HDMI cable to the video output port, and then windows 10 suddenly wont play those files. An error message pops us inside windows media player and Grove that this file type is not supported. Also no sound is played...