Windows 10: mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows

Discus and support mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded my mp3 music from my old laptop, which was operating on Windows 8, to a 1TB external hard drive. Now when I try to play the mp3 music on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greypoh, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Greypoh Win User

mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows

I downloaded my mp3 music from my old laptop, which was operating on Windows 8, to a 1TB external hard drive. Now when I try to play the mp3 music on my new laptop, which operates on Windows 10, some of the songs will not play. Can this be corrected?

:)

Greypoh, Nov 15, 2016

2. mp3 transfers to wma

I got a bush mpk8009buk mp3 player. I can transfer songs what was in wma format to windows 10 & they play but when I try upload new songs on to mp3 player the song name is there but when I press to play song it comes up wrong format file,It only seen to
    play wma not mp3 format songs downloads,is there a way to convert MP3 songs to WMA format so I can play them on my bush MP3 player

lucasthomp07, Nov 15, 2016
  3. AnantG Win User
    data transfer

Hi !!

When I transfer the MP3 songs from my windows 7 PC on the Windows 8 phone Lumia 620 (music folder album subfolder which are the default folders.), then I found that songs are automatically duplicated and also some songs do not play at all giving some error
    saying that the songs cannot be played on your phone.

Where might be the problem?

AnantG, Nov 15, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

What program was playing mp3's in Windows 8 before ? In Windows 10, it should, at least, default to Groove unless you have something else installed. Follow the 2 screenshots. R-click any mp3/Open with/Choose another app to get to 2nd screen. Choose preferred or default player/check Always use this .../OK

mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows [​IMG]

mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

1. mp3 songs downloaded on windows 8 will not play on windows 10 windows - Similar Threads - mp3 songs downloaded

2. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  3. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  4. download problem Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download problem Windows 8 to Windows 10: My Dell computer reset to factory settings; Windows 8. How do I get the update to Windows 10 that had been installed before the reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-problem-windows-8-to-windows-10/7aa801e5-f2a9-408d-a52e-176d779713b4
  5. download problem Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download problem Windows 8 to Windows 10: My Dell computer reset to factory settings; Windows 8. How do I get the update to Windows 10 that had been installed before the reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-problem-windows-8-to-windows-10/7aa801e5-f2a9-408d-a52e-176d779713b4
  6. Download music on Windows 10 to MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download music on Windows 10 to MP3: Split from this thread. i dont know how to download music on windows 10 to a mp3. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-music-on-windows-10-to-mp3/aaaefba7-ed02-4111-b93f-b04f394a2a28
  7. Song plays after windows boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Song plays after windows boot: For the last week when my Computer has finished booting, a song plays. Always the same one which is located in a Dropbox Folder, and not a song I have ever listened to on my computer, only used for a video edit. Under the Task manager there is no media player active. A...
  8. Laptop in Bios Windows 8 or 10 play on it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop in Bios Windows 8 or 10 play on it?: Hello, here's the problem: My laptop is in the Bios and I can't leave it when I get a message that I should play Windows on it. On the back of my laptop it says that it first had Windows 8 on it. When I used it I updated it to Windows 10. Now I'm wondering; do I need to...
  9. Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 iTunes version 12.10.7.3 I have downloaded and installed iTunes a number of times from the Microsoft app store and it still does not work. I get this error if I try to download something: [ATTACH] When I click to play...
  10. Downloaded MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded MP3: I downloaded a mp3 file but whenever I change the details of the file and i press apply and ok, nothing happens. No edit was done to the details of the file after I applied the changes. The permissions seem fine to me but I'm not sure if they are fine. It says that I have...