Windows 10: MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth

Discus and support MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with the problem of MpCmdRun.exe using almost all bandwidth to the point of stopping all other connections? Matt 117007 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matt316, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Matt316 Win User

MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth

Can anyone help me with the problem of MpCmdRun.exe using almost all bandwidth to the point of stopping all other connections?

Matt

:)

Matt316, Sep 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 uses high internet bandwidth

After installing windows 10, I see decrease in internet speed. I am aware that it uses lots of graphics. But still it is high. Any steps to reduce the bandwidth will be appreciated

JennyWilson4u, Sep 1, 2018
  3. MpCmdRun killing my internet connection after installing creators update

Hi Brian,

The MpCmdRun.exe is associated with the Windows Defender program and is located in
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. There are malicious programs that uses the same name so you won't suspect that it is malware. To check if this process is a malicious program, you can follow these steps:

• Right-click Start and select Task Manager.
    • Under the Process tab, locate the MpCmdRun.
    • Right-click MpCmdRun and select Open file location.

If the location is C:\Program Files\Windows Defender, then the system is safe and secure. If the location is elsewhere then we suggest that you run a virus and malware scan on your computer.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 1, 2018
  4. MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth

backgroundtrasferhost.exe using high network bandwidth

Hi Govind,

Could you also let us know if you are using a wireless or a wired connection? If you are using a wireless connection, please connect using a wired and check if the same issue occurs. Also you may want to run a complete scan using the inbuilt Windows Defender
    to eliminate any suspicion of infection.

This service also transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth. Applications which depend on BITS such as Windows update and MSN Explorer automatically downloads programs and other information while the connection
    is idle.

As a troubleshooting step you may also try the steps listed below and check, but please do remember that disabling this service will lead not being able to install Windows update. Therefore I would suggest you to try this step,
    check and then restart the service again. This is to let us know if indeed this service may be causing the issue.

You can disable this service by opening TASK MANAGER > SERVICES > OPEN SERVICES (Bottom Left corner) > Find the service from the list - BITS / BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE > Right click, STOP > Right click, PROPERTIES
    > START UP TYPE - Set DISABLED. (credit Vishwa Weerasooriya).

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth

1. MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth - Similar Threads - MpCmdRun exe High

2. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  3. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  4. Slow Download Speed Even Though High Speed Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed Even Though High Speed Bandwidth: I've checked all updates, drivers, internet speed, etc. My downloads still seem to cap around 60mbps. Already tried to ask a Microsoft tech but he didn't know what to do either. Speedtest shows around 900 mbps with 1GB Link Speed up and down. I also have 32 GB of RAM with a...
  5. Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lokendrayadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqkw85/service_host_network_service_using_high_bandwidth/
  6. High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.: I am using windows 10 for a long time but recently from few months, I am facing this issue every time I turn on my laptop. The Systemntoskrnl.exe eating all my data, whenever i connect to the internet, I am totally frustrated with this issue, I tried finding solution online...
  7. MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........: Hi, [am using windows 8.1] my laptop used to be continuously unable to update Defender after using the system restore [used restore to an earlier time to be able to update defender,as this proiblem occurs regardless] and then updating Defender,if i try again on another day i...
  8. bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bandwidth: why my bandwidth is not showing up 5ghz even though driver do support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/c4927a5e-257f-439f-a9a4-ba54703b9e7f
  9. MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Support
    MpCmdRun.exe High Bandwidth: Can anyone help me with the problem of MpCmdRun.exe using almost all bandwidth to the point of stopping all other connections? Matt 117007
  10. Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth: Suddenly, well last week or so like on here I just switching from "New Posts" to "Forum" and on other sites in general the loading of anything new takes soooo long. The little wheel in the tab on Google Chrome that is open that I'm currently using churns and churns for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mpcmdrun.exe make internet connection slow

2. MpCmdRun.exe hog bandwidth