Windows 10: Mpsigstub - What is it?

Discus and support Mpsigstub - What is it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a folder under root C which is named a random selection of letters & numbers. In that folder is a file called Mpsigstub.exe? Looks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeddie, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Jeddie Win User

Mpsigstub - What is it?

Hello all,

I have a folder under root C which is named a random selection of letters & numbers. In that folder is a file called Mpsigstub.exe? Looks like it appeared back in 2015.

I right clicked properties and there's no name saying who its from?

What is it?
    Should I delete it?

:)

Jeddie, Aug 18, 2018

2. Is MPSigStub a virus?

Hard Drive than C:\b4ee9cbc316dd6b6a18f32b9b0 but you need admin access and on top of that even with full admin you can't run MPsigStub

Cutting_Edge=5, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Sam960 Win User
    Is MPSigStub a virus?

It is in C:\(a bunch of random numbers and letters, I wont put it here since I can't figure out how to copy and paste it, not to mention I'm not sure if it turns out to contain any
    of my personal info)\MPSigStub. Also, no I do not have Malwarebytes. I have found someone who appears
    to have MPSigStub in the same place as me, and he said when he scanned it with malwarebytes he reported no infections, but pointed out it could potentially camouflage itself. I am just wondering, but do you think you could check your computer and tell me if
    you have it? If you do, then we could probably assume that it is an official file by Microsoft...

Sam960, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Robert236 Win User

Mpsigstub - What is it?

delete MPSigStub file in Windows 10

Original title: File removal

How do I delete MPSigStub file. I have changed permissions but still get told permission needed?

Robert236, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Mpsigstub - What is it?

1. Mpsigstub - What is it? - Similar Threads - Mpsigstub

2. Removing MPSigStub from old Harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing MPSigStub from old Harddrive: Recently our main OS hard drive crashed, new hard drive installed, reinstalled windows, now going thru and cleaning up computer. On one of our larger, non bootable, extra, hard drives, it has an Applications file folder that has 5 file folders inside of it, that are at least...
  3. Fix MPSigStub high CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MPSigStub high CPU usage in Windows 10: In Windows, you may often come across file names you never heard of and so, find them suspicious. However, not all of them should be dismissed as viruses or malware. Most of them are legitimate files necessary for some processes. One such instance is of MPSigStub.exe file. At...
  4. Windows Defender - MpSigStub updating executable with Windows Defender & Automatic Updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - MpSigStub updating executable with Windows Defender & Automatic Updates...: Trying to find a cause for this - We have workstations running McAfee VSE and McAfee Agent. Windows Defender is disabled, and Windows Updates are turned off to not update automatically. There is a new CVE that is showing up on the vulnerability scans for one of our...