Windows 10: MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?

Discus and support MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If I make an alias for my MS acoount - can I use that alias to sign in to MS services? How about can I transfer info (such as game details (from MS... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ArmaRayo, Oct 16, 2017.

1. ArmaRayo Win User

MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?

If I make an alias for my MS acoount - can I use that alias to sign in to MS services?

How about can I transfer info (such as game details (from MS Store)) to another account (not alias)?

:)

ArmaRayo, Oct 16, 2017
  2. xJalmari Win User

Trying to import contacts form Windows Phone, but Windows Live -account is corrupted: WP gives sync error 85010014 and Live-singin "Sorry, there was a problem"

Ok, problem solved with instructions from MS support: had to make on outlook.com -alias account as a default sign in -account.

xJalmari, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Can I transfer my windows 10 license to a new microsoft account?

Thomas -

There are potentially two ways you can change the existing MS Account to another existing account or one you create:

1) You can try adding the new email address as an alias to the existing one, then set it as the primary alias:

Use aliases to add email addresses to your account - Outlook.com Help
    . Since this effectively changes the account address and leaves all the files in place without having to set up a new User or MS account on the PC, it may be enough to satisfy the change
    you want so you can try it first.

2) You can add another MS Account at Settings>Accounts>Family and other Users. Under "Other Users" choose Add Someone else to this PC, add the new MS Account address. Once created highlight it at the same place to Change Account Type to Admin account.
    Then Log Out, Log back into the new account, set it all up moving files over to its User folders, test all programs to see they work. When ready from new account you can delete the old one in the same place.

Please let us know how this works for you.

If you use OneDrive be sure to check that the new address is being synched to. To do this right click OneDrive icon in System Tray, choose Settings, then Unlink on this device. Then sign back in to the new account. Existing files in the OneDrive folder
    will now populate this new OneDrive account.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 16, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

By 'alias' what do you mean ? If your name is Paul Smith and your email is L: psmith345@(ms/Hotmail/outlook).com, do you mean Paul or Smitty as a User name ? If so, you would still use the primary email acct to log on, no matter what your 'alias'/user name appears on log on screen unless you make a Local Acct.
    The Store is tied to a MS acct on that computer. If you only have one MS acct, that will sync Onedrive or themes across all your devices. The games and apps you downloaded and installed on one computer will be available to install on another w/o add'l cost (will show that you Own) but not sure if, say, game high score, etc will transfer but easy enough to test.
    If this doesn't answer, clarify what you propose to do.

mrgeek, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account? - Similar Threads - account Alias Sign

2. Account alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account alias: I currently have 2 Account aliases email addresses on my account. One was created years ago and was used to login to windows. Since then, I created an alias and has been my primary alias for at least the past 5 years.It appears the older one is on the dark web and I...
  3. Account alias

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account alias: I currently have 2 Account aliases email addresses on my account. One was created years ago and was used to login to windows. Since then, I created an alias and has been my primary alias for at least the past 5 years.It appears the older one is on the dark web and I...
  4. Upgrading - want to transfer whole system to another MS account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading - want to transfer whole system to another MS account.: Hello. I will soon be upgrading my system to an AMD 7000 series. I plan on giving my old system to my daughter who already has a Microsoft account and activated windows with a i5-3470 intel system. I was wondering if it was possible to have her account link with my old system...
  5. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  6. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

[MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  7. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another

Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another: Hi, so months ago I bought a license for Dolby Atmos in one MS account but now I want to close that account and transfer this license to my new MS account. Is there a way to do it?...
  9. Transferring Purchase to Another Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Purchase to Another Account: I was wondering how I can transfer a purchase I made in Microsoft Store to another Microsoft account. I need to transfer because I'm not using this account anymore....
  10. Transfer license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...