Windows 10: MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC.

Discus and support MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; OK, so I used the MCT to build a USB install. Booted from USB and was offered four options: Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Home, Win 10 Home single language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fjk61011, Aug 1, 2016.

1. fjk61011 Win User

MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC.

OK, so I used the MCT to build a USB install. Booted from USB and was offered four options: Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Home, Win 10 Home single language edition, Win 10 Education.

I clean installed, used my MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC.

Google gives me Xbox results.

Hoping that it's an activation server issue.

:)

fjk61011, Aug 1, 2016

2. Win10 Pro Key & Activation

Hi,

I have a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro which I upgraded during the free upgrade time to Win10 Pro. Nothing has changed in my system except a new video card (other one failed :-( ).

I thought good time to clear out and start again with a new install. I used a keyfinder ( I tried it on existing copy of Win8,1 - showed correct results) to obtain Win10 Pro CD Key and made a not of this.

Put an .iso of Win10 onto a USB key and installed successfully the software.

When I try to enter the CD key & activate, I get error code 0x87E105DC

Could anyone please advise?

Many thanks,

Mark

Mark McG_899, Aug 1, 2016
  3. App install failed from windows 10 store with error code 0x80244007

Whenever I try to install an app from the store, it fails with error code 0x80244007.

It's windows 10 Pro (Activated)

I am logged in with a microsoft account.

Jahidul Hamid, Aug 1, 2016
  4. fjk61011 Win User

MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC. [​IMG]

fjk61011, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Atrax Win User
    I have the exact same problem right now, some help would be great. I can only find Xbox related problems with this error code.
    I had Windows 10 Pro and decided to make a clean install with the new ISO from the AU.

Atrax, Aug 1, 2016
  6. djamelXm Win User
    I Get Same Error with last build

djamelXm, Aug 2, 2016
  7. fjk61011 Win User

fjk61011, Aug 2, 2016
  8. djamelXm Win User

It's Ok now Windows Activated
    Server isuues Maybe was

djamelXm, Aug 2, 2016
  9. Good for you it fixed by itself, but for me not. Also same error I got in event viewer from Netflix app - which instantly crash, so I extracted Win32 error code from that HRESULT, it is :
    Code: ERROR_EVENTLOG_FILE_CORRUPT 1500 (0x5DC) The event log file is corrupted.[/quote] So I cleared all basic event logs (right click on log, there is option there to clear log) - tada! Netflix works, and activation too ! For safety I deleted all logs from %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs, but this requires to disabling many services.

Nucleoprotein, Aug 2, 2016
  10. fjk61011 Win User
    I re-installed today and it activated immediately.

fjk61011, Aug 2, 2016
  11. I think it is something not right with media creation tool because in my OS some mui files are missing and is in english in some places... I think I need to reinstall using official ISO file.

Link to official ISOs is somebody want (is little hard to find because you need to run download site with unsupported OS so you be redirected to ISOs) :
    Code: Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

Nucleoprotein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC. - Similar Threads - Account failed Activate

2. Windows Activation or Validation fails with error code 0x8004FE33 or 0x80004005

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Activation or Validation fails with error code 0x8004FE33 or 0x80004005: [ATTACH]There have been instances of users reporting an error while trying to validate or activate their Windows 10 OS. The activation procedure may fail and terminate while executing over the Internet, resulting in an error code 0x8004FE33. You can, alternatively, witness an...
  3. MS Flight Simulator Activation Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator Activation Code: After a three hour installation process, I loaded the new MS Flight Simulator DVDs onto my computer. After install, it prompted me to enter my activation code which I did. It accepted and then prompted me to download flight simulator. I didn't believe this was correct so I...
  4. Activation for Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Whiteboard failed. Error code: Access is...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation for Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Whiteboard failed. Error code: Access is...: Dear Technicians, I tried to deploy MS whiteboard to customer from SCCM. The issue is app is installed. However when opening it, it briefly flashes, but does not open. Error shows in Event Viewer: Activation for Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Whiteboard failed. Error...
  5. Activation for Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Whiteboard failed. Error code: Access is...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Activation for Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Whiteboard failed. Error code: Access is...: Dear Technicians, I tried to deploy MS whiteboard to customer from SCCM. The issue is app is installed. However when opening it, it briefly flashes, but does not open. Error shows in Event Viewer: Activation for Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Whiteboard failed. Error...
  6. OEM install errored, MS account activated

OEM install errored, MS account activated: Used an OEM key for a new build but got the 0x87E10BCF error. My mobo is used. I tried a few solutions found online. Logged into my MS account to try the key again but the cursor 'hung' with the wheel. Finally got disgusted and moved the mouse. Then Activation window said...
  7. MS Edge, Windows Activation Error.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Edge, Windows Activation Error.: I'm receiving an error message when I open MS Edge that locks up my browser. I feel I'm receiving this in error. I downloaded the MSRT and ran it, the MSRT found nothing. I did another scan with windows defender and it found nothing. An Error message pops up which says; ***...
  8. Windows failing to activate with account

Windows failing to activate with account: Hello Microsoft Users, I have recently bought a used PC and upgraded it to Windows 10 and the PC works fine except for one problem. On my old PC, It said in Windows Activation that it is activated with a Digital Licence linked to my Microsoft account. So on this PC, I...
  9. Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003: I had upgraded from W8.1 and Windows 10 was activated. I was under the impression that I didn't need a product key and that my PC would be recognized after doing a clean install. Now I have W10 installed fresh, but get the error code: Error code: 0xC004C003 17651
  10. Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003: I'm having this issue on a Store purchased Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Prem. I followed all the upgrade instructions and it all looks good except it's not activated. Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003 14134
Tags: