Windows 10: MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary

Discus and support MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I got a new W10 Pro PC. I want an MS Account added, so I can access the App Store etc, but I don't want it to be become my primary login and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by networkn, Mar 28, 2016.

1. networkn Win User

MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary

Hi.

I got a new W10 Pro PC. I want an MS Account added, so I can access the App Store etc, but I don't want it to be become my primary login and take over my entire PC.

Is this possible?

:)

networkn, Mar 28, 2016

2. Facebook Chat saying cannot connect on nokia lumia 520

Guys, my problem was caused by logging in to my Microsoft account on lumia 920 using my email alias rather than the primary email address. MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary :)

squireblade, Mar 28, 2016
  3. MandyShaw Win User
    How can I remove an email address that is configured incorrectly and needs attention?

Go to Settings>Email+Accounts.
    Tap and hold the account. Do you not get a 'delete' option? You should do, for all but the primary account (it doesn't sound as if this is that one - that would normally be a Windows Live account).

If you just want to change the configuration (of any account, primary or otherwise), just tap rather than tap and hold, and you should be able to edit most aspects of the configuration.

If this doesn't help, post again.

MandyShaw, Mar 28, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Start button\Settings\Accounts\Family & Other Users\Add someone else to PC
    Click I don't have this person sign-in info\ Add a user without a microsoft account - at the bottom.

wyldman68, Mar 28, 2016
  5. networkn Win User
    I don't think that does what I am asking. I ALREADY Have a local Account without a MS Account added. I want to keep this account, but add an MS Account to it, so the login still remains "" but I can access MS resources like the store.

networkn, Mar 28, 2016
  6. wyldman68 Win User
    You just go and sign into the MS Store, top right corner. Does not have to match local account.

wyldman68, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary - Similar Threads - Account supplementary rather

2. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  3. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  4. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  5. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  7. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  8. Change startup to sign into Microsoft account rather than local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change startup to sign into Microsoft account rather than local account: I recently had my operating system reinstalled and it was set to sign in as a local account with my name. By using Settings>Users, I've set it to log into my Microsoft account, and with Run>netplwiz, to log in without sign it. Problem is seems to log into my local...
  9. Question after switching primary MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question after switching primary MS account: So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a...
  10. How to boot to login screen rather than account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to boot to login screen rather than account?: I've built a new PC last week, and installed Windows 10 to it (upgraded from a legitimate 7). Now I've made several accounts for me and someone else (work, play etc) and now I have an issue logging in. Whenever I (re)boot the PC, it boots straight into the last used...