Windows 10: MS Account Login Problem

Discus and support MS Account Login Problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I recently changed the alias for my MS account, was also able to figure out how to change the email address when logged into Windows. I had problems... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pimphesus, May 10, 2016.

1. pimphesus Win User

MS Account Login Problem

So I recently changed the alias for my MS account, was also able to figure out how to change the email address when logged into Windows. I had problems starting windows today, so I did a startup repair. When I got to the login screen it is now using my old MS account email. Of course I'm screaming at MS in a room by myself. All I'm trying to do is maybe change the email back without having to reinstall windows.

:)

pimphesus, May 10, 2016
  2. Fred Sz Win User

How do I DELETE the PHOTS APP and Edge?

Thanks for your reply but I've already tried SafeMode - no luck.

I've also looked into other forums and found that the issue is related to using the "MS Login" versus a "Local Login."

I have, and want to use a Local account.

Others, using the MS Login/account report that they don't have a problem with the MS Apps changing the default programs.

Users, using a Local Account/Login, appear to be the ones with the issue. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP. What a lousy way to treat their customers. It it is intentional, shame on MS, if it's a bug, then FIX it!

Fred

Fred Sz, May 10, 2016
  3. Login to Windows then No Response

Hi,

I am still getting this problem, basically I login to Windows (with my MS Account) and it looks as if everything loads, however nothing responds, the cursor is a constant circle.

I have to power my PC down, switch it back on an I login with a local account which works fine, then I sign out and login with my Windows MS account (which previously failed) and it works with no issues.

Lee McDougall, May 10, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

MS Account Login Problem

Have you tried logging in with the new email?

Mystere, May 10, 2016
  5. pimphesus Win User
    I was able to sign in with the new email just fine. That is before the startup repair happened. I'm stuck at the login screen looking at my old email.

Edit: Your silence is telling me I have no choice but to reinstall.

pimphesus, May 10, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    I really don't understand what you mean by "stuck looking at your old email", just enter the new email to log in...

Mystere, May 10, 2016
  7. pimphesus Win User
    What part about 'stuck at the login screen don't you get here? Unless its called something else besides the login screen, I don't know how clearer I need to be. You cannot change your email on the login screen.

Edit: I'm talking about the login screen you see when you first start up windows. Sorry if it seems I'm taking out my frustrations here.

pimphesus, May 10, 2016
  8. pimphesus Win User

MS Account Login Problem

I ended up reinstalling windows 10. That fixed it without help. However, what I was trying to do was to fix this problem without reinstalling windows. Its just stupid to have to for such a small issue.

pimphesus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Account Login Problem

1. MS Account Login Problem - Similar Threads - Account Login Problem

2. Microsoft account login problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login problem: i don't know why but I am facing this error in login in my account please solve my issue asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-problem/fbf27645-c165-4d40-9f8d-1a4cbe54a36c
  3. Microsoft account login problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account login problem: i don't know why but I am facing this error in login in my account please solve my issue asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-problem/fbf27645-c165-4d40-9f8d-1a4cbe54a36c
  4. Account login problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account login problem: i can't login my account, internet connection also okay, [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-login-problem/5dc462ba-2432-477c-bb7d-f5d4025a4125
  5. Account login problem

Account login problem: There is some serious problem with microsoft login. I'm unable to by pass the login windows despite of trying 5 times. I have no clue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-login-problem/7f04da5c-8941-4f88-a781-50354902e4db
  6. Problems with my MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with my MS account: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Windows does not allow me to log in with my MS account. I get an error message locally on my computer that the login attempt failed screenshot attached. I can neither log on to Windows nor to Outlook. How can I solve the problem?...
  7. Ms account login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account login problem: Can not login to mircosoft account because win 10 wants my password for my local account. All I have is my pin number. 137346
  8. account login problem

account login problem: I have 2 windows accounts on computer. After I boot up the computer, and enter password on one account the desktop comes up . If I log in to the other account it tells me it"s loading but the cursor just spins but nothing happens. I have to shut down the computer and reboot....
  9. Microsoft Account login problems

Microsoft Account login problems: I recently had to re-install Windows, since for some reason a boot component got corrupted, because my battery died (my pc was in sleep mode), i tried to boot it up, not knowing the battery was dead, and nothing i did fixed it. I went through the setup, no problem. I login to...
  10. problem with accounts login

problem with accounts login: Hello I have a problem with my login for Windows When I run my laptop shows account in the name but I do not log on through As the picture [img] When click on ok shows [img] My problem is that other account I want to make my Microsoft account I just want...