Windows 10: MS Account Sign-In on Desktop on Booting up every time - how to remove

Discus and support MS Account Sign-In on Desktop on Booting up every time - how to remove in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've upgraded my Win 8/8.1 laptop to Windows 10 and it seems to be running well. However, on booting up, I now get a window appear on the desktop... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Energise, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Energise Win User

MS Account Sign-In on Desktop on Booting up every time - how to remove

I've upgraded my Win 8/8.1 laptop to Windows 10 and it seems to be running well.

However, on booting up, I now get a window appear on the desktop asking me to Sign In to my MS Account. I can click on the cross at top right hand corner to close the window but I'd rather it didn't appear in the first place.

I don't have to log in when booting up, because I have chosen not to so I don't really want this window either.

What are the implications if I do signup/in? I do have an MS account so that's not the issue. I'd prefer not to have MS intruding on everything I do. I am happy to sign in if I want to go to the store but, otherwise, I don't see any reason for signing in.

Hopefully, someone can suggest how I can be rid of this window?

Many thanks for help and advice. It is much appreciated

:)

Energise, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

DON'T WANT TO SIGN IN WITH MY MS ACCOUNT EVERY TIME I USE THE COMPUTER

• Run C:\Windows\System32\Netplwiz.exe then select your user account and clear the checkbox for
      users must sign in with a password.
    • Then just confirm it [it asks for your password once or twice] and you will not have to sign in when you start or restart your computer.

Check that you have your password written down somewhere handy yet secure from prying eyes & loss.

You will log into your account automatically and will have the same access as you have now - the only change is the automation.

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 15, 2015
  3. EH_56 Win User
    DON'T WANT TO SIGN IN WITH MY MS ACCOUNT EVERY TIME I USE THE COMPUTER

if i sign in with a user account on windows 10 so I don't have to sign in every time (very annoying) can I access all the info I already have stored on my computer?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

EH_56, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Energise Win User
    Thanks, Brink
    I'm too tired to take all that in and to understand it so it'll have to wait for another day when my brain is working a bit better.
    Cheers

Energise, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem. I'll be here when you're ready. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Account Sign-In on Desktop on Booting up every time - how to remove - Similar Threads - Account Sign Desktop

2. iTunes crashes every time click on "Sign in" to account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes crashes every time click on "Sign in" to account.: Worked previously but stopped after I signed out. Downloaded from Microsoft Stoere initially. Tried to uninstall and download from Apple but it said the Microsoft version didn't completely uninstall. Tried repairing as well. Restarted multiple times, used disk cleanup and...
  3. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  4. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  5. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Signed in with correct MS account -- how 2 remove wrong one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in with correct MS account -- how 2 remove wrong one: So I was setting up my new PC and accidentally signed in with wife's MS account. Logged out, signed in with mine, and all looked well UNTIL I learned my user folder is named after wrong account. [img] That first folder should read 'scree' from the correct user. When I...
  7. How to remove the sign into Microsoft account when Windows 10 boots up?

How to remove the sign into Microsoft account when Windows 10 boots up?: How to disable this log in pop up into microsoft account, because every time I booting up my PC this log in pop up keep asking me to log in to my microsoft account even I already log in. It's still appear in next booting up[ATTACH]...
  8. Every time I boot up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I boot up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drums-and-percussian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egd2ot/every_time_i_boot_up/
  9. Boot Up Time - Desktop PC

Boot Up Time - Desktop PC: Have an HP desktop PC. It is taking over 1/2 hour ... about 40 minutes to boot up? Windows 10 ... can anyone provide any suggestion how I should proceed to address and/or fix this issue?...
  10. Reverse set up - Remove MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reverse set up - Remove MS Account: When I updated to Win 10 (from Win 7) I used my Microsoft account when setting up Windows 10. I now realise I do not want this. Can I reverse that action? 20904

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove windows 10 system32netplwiz there only no