Windows 10: MS account temporaly blocked

Discus and support MS account temporaly blocked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI, I was working on a important doc. on word online for days, and was suddenly notified that account is blocked. When I tried to sign in, they asked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by apeth, Sep 19, 2017.

1. apeth Win User

MS account temporaly blocked

HI,
    I was working on a important doc. on word online for days, and was suddenly notified that account is blocked. When I tried to sign in, they asked for mobile phone number. I canceled my mobile /it was so time-consuming, that I decided to terminate contract and keep only land line and face-time/. What should I do to sign up and recover my text from one drive ?

:)

apeth, Sep 19, 2017
  2. MELERIX Win User

Windows stop working when its time to restart after the KB4056892 update

the update is now blocked automatically (and temporaly until is fixed) for the affected CPUs: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4073707/ so, is not necesarry to
    block it manually anymore.

MELERIX, Sep 19, 2017
  3. PUK 2 code

i have a nokia 5310 and i tried too many times with the wrong PUK 2 code, now the option is blocked, is this temporaly or what??...thanks

marcell---01, Sep 19, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Why is it blocked ? Is MS trying to verify that it is you signing in or an unauthorized user ?
    Go to account.live.com>sign-in>click 'Security' tab at top>'Update your security info'>'Add security info' will take you to where you can provide your landline number and elect to be called vs a text.
    Do not screw up your backup email or contact number because if you don't answer correctly, you'll get locked out for 30 days ! While here, Review recent activity' will show last time device was signed in and from where. Good Luck

MS account temporaly blocked [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 19, 2017
  5. apeth Win User
    In middle of a session, there was announce that account was temporarily blocked because someone was presumably sending spam from my account. I will try to follow Your instructions, but my landline is in Europe, hopefully they have an affiliation in proximity.

apeth, Sep 19, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    So, someone was trying to use your account w/o authorization. If their sign-in was successful, this would show up in the 'Review recent activity window and you can see if YOUR log-ins are the only valid ones.
    Your location is not an issue. Select country and change preference to 'Call' vs 'Text', as shown below.

At this point, if you dig deeper into the security options and select your preference to be emailed at backup address or texted -

mrgeek, Sep 19, 2017
  7. apeth Win User
    It didn't work with sign up, no links for adding info, but I was redirected from other location. What was puzzling is that telephone rang almost in same second as I hit the button (If I wanted to redial number, it takes more).

apeth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS account temporaly blocked - Similar Threads - account temporaly blocked

2. Account Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Blocked: Hello, I have another account blocked and want to unblock it. It just kept telling me that it was blocked and when I try to reset the password, it wouldn't change anything. I did the godamn form like 5 times or so and still nothing. I want to contact support and the stupid...
  3. Is there way to temporaly hide some keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there way to temporaly hide some keyboard layouts?: HelloI often must work in Czech and English, so I alternate between US and Czech keyboard layout. This year I needed to add German and is becoming problematic for me, and I might be adding French in the future complicating my workflow even more.I would like when I am working...
  4. MS 365 account is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS 365 account is blocked: Hello,I had too many attempts, account is blocked but cannot recover since last phone digit is incorrect. I added another email to contacted me but they responded it's too many attempts and cannot unblock it.Need help to get it my account and download MS 365.There is no phone...
  5. MS 365 account is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS 365 account is blocked: Hello,I had too many attempts, account is blocked but cannot recover since last phone digit is incorrect. I added another email to contacted me but they responded it's too many attempts and cannot unblock it.Need help to get it my account and download MS 365.There is no phone...
  6. Blocked account

Blocked account: Hi, I have a user in my company that has a problem with loging in his account.The account gets blocked all the time , she is using an android smartphone that had been connected to his mailbox .We tried to change the password also we reinstaled the phone, nothing changed. We...
  7. Account blocked

Account blocked: I was trying to renew my password or pin and my account was blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-blocked/614f5e6b-851b-4c0b-a967-6cc52cac947c
  8. Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with my personal desktop computer that I enrolled to my work organization and "allowed my organization to manage my computer".This problem device now has almost zero internet. Using MS Edge or Chrome, I'm getting:Hmmm... your Internet access is...
  9. Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account

Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with my personal desktop computer that I enrolled to my work organization and "allowed my organization to manage my computer".This problem device now has almost zero internet. Using MS Edge or Chrome, I'm getting:Hmmm... your Internet access is...
  10. Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing