Windows 10: MS can't can't find my user name

Discus and support MS can't can't find my user name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just installed Office 2016 professional and it's working fine. My problem is when they ask for my user ID and password. I ran the Microsoft Support... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Frank1, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Frank1 Win User

MS can't can't find my user name

I just installed Office 2016 professional and it's working fine. My problem is when they ask for my user ID and password. I ran the Microsoft Support and Recovery Tool just to see if I have any problems. I was asked to put in my User ID and password. I was told that that user ID does not exist and they there is no such user ID. I typed every think that could be my User ID and none existed. Then they told mt to put in my email address and password. *MadSo I put in my email address then they said the email address and password does not match up. I know for sure that the password was correct. Can anyone figure what is the world is going on?

:)

Frank1, Dec 27, 2016

2. How to change User account name on Windows 10?

Wanted to change my user name and can't find the change user name link.

CherylePauley, Dec 27, 2016
  3. nithig Win User
    Opening screen shows wrong name. How is this changed?

New to Win10. In set-up there was a misspelling of my name. Now when the system starts up it is of course

the wrong name and that wrong name can't log into the system.

I've looked in User Accounts and everywhere I can imagine but can't find where to amend this spelling.

In C/Users/wrong name shows but can't be altered there.

Can anyone tell me the steps to remedy this set-up error?

Thank you.

nithig, Dec 27, 2016
  4. MS can't can't find my user name

I'm going to assume that the user id they were after was your Microsoft account. I assume you had to provide or create an account to download software. Is that the account id and password you are using.

I've seen this get messed up. There are our Microsoft email accounts, our microsoft accounts for our devices / store, etc. Some keep it sepearte so it won't combine addresses or help us in other manners.

Open a browser you don't usually use, and is not set to log into mail without a password, and log into your mail via the web interface. This is just to confirm to yourself that your mail password is fine. I assume you have an msn, live, hotmail, outlook.com address. Don't use keep me signed in. Logout.

I'm only assuming here that you have a separate Microsoft account for store and maybe even for this software. Using that same browser go to microsoft.com/account and sign in here to confirm this id / password combination. I would think if this is your account for Office then somewhere in here you will see you own the license for Office 2016.

I could be way off but I throw this out there as a possibility.

Caledon Ken, Dec 28, 2016
  5. Frank1 Win User
    I'll get back with you after I check a couple of things out. I did go to MS/support and was able to sign in there. I'll keep you posted.

Frank1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS can't can't find my user name

1. MS can't can't find my user name - Similar Threads - can't can't find

2. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  3. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  4. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  5. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  6. Can't change user name is C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change user name is C:\Users: I'm using Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion 21H2I clean installed this OS and while installation I used my registered email ID.Now I noticed that C:\Users\ has a folder with wrong spelling of my name that I would like to change.I tried to rename it in safe mode and by...
  7. Can't find my user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't find my user account: Where is my user account?c:\Users \Default \Public \UserShoukdn't I have a folder named kberg or something like that?I tried to create a new user but it goes into a perpetual loop of adding me then asking if I want to be added....
  8. Can't find my user name in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find my user name in windows: Since the last windows or Edge update, when I log into windows, I am not shown the user Randall desktop, but some generic desktop which does not know any of my app settings. How can I log in so windows knows that I am user Randall? My wife's account did not have any problem...
  9. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change my user name: [ATTACH]I've tried many things to change it but the name is unable to be renamed which I'm looking to change I should also add this is for the C:\users folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-user-name/82cec765-5f68-44fc-9a59-49357f341167"
  10. Can't change User name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change User name: After I installed Windows 10, I created a Microsoft online account to see what it was like. During the process, it changed the name on my local Windows 10 user account. I used Control Panel to go to Users, but there seemed to be no way to change the name back to the original....