Windows 10: MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ...

Discus and support MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft CEO on Windows 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your Info Secure Satya Nadella says Windows 10 is built on trust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 17, 2015.

1. MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ...

Microsoft CEO on Windows 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your Info Secure

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...e-496350.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 17, 2015
  2. kkjer Win User

Windows 10 Does Not Recognize CD-DVD Drive

I am tired of Microsoft not fixing this. Win 10 does not recognize CD/DVD drive, I spent hours on this. May I should just quit trying and file in small claims court and charge them the 75 dollars per hour that I charge my clients. I could always slip an
    interstate subpoena on the CEO, maybe that would get MS's attention. This really sucks, it is the lousiest customer service I have seen.

kkjer, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Coin Balance Disappears on Microsoft Jackpot

Hi Guy's I'm having the same problem, Several times a day. It comes to mind that WE ARE PAYING REAL MONEY to this multi billion dollar company and are getting nothing back in return. The are Jackpot games on the internet such as Bingo Liner, JetBingo etc.
    You pay money to play these game and you get paid winnings. I won $2000 playing Bingo Liner. All Microsoft is doing is pocketing your hard earned dollars and giving nothing in return.

How about MS If we win playing your Jackpot We should be able to redeem them for real money. You will still win out because we will keep on playing.

ColinAnetts, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Leopard Win User

MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ...

It gets really comical when the CEO believes his own company's propaganda. Some user usage FEEDBACK will no doubt help to improve the efficiency of features, some user info will indicate problems/issues with the way components work and some info will capture errors/crashes that can be used to provide fixes. There is not a user who would not agree to that. When the data collected is primarily used to capture usage trends and build usage profiles for personalized ads and services, we know it is all about revenue generation. We get it.

Leopard, Nov 17, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    Whilst I think people are overreacting to the data collection in Windows 10, I still think Microsoft could be a little bit clearer in their descriptions of WHAT gets sent.

Simply giving users a choice between "Full, Enhanced, and Basic" isn't very descriptive.

Or at least, they shouldn't have said anything at all.

From Windows XP to Windows 8.1, Microsoft has always sent data about when a program crashes on your computer. What do you think this does when a program crashes?

MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ... [​IMG]

bobjoe, Nov 18, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    The only ad that has shown up on my rigs is the get office ad, which is easily turned off.

JohnC, Nov 18, 2015
  7. SonicMojo Win User
    No still means no. I should have the option. How do these guys not get that?

Or yes - at least give me a complete overview of what gets sent and from WHERE. Seems Win 10 is sending stuff back everytime I clicked a button somewhere.

I am back to Win 7 because of this BS and could care less if MS spent billions to keep my data safe.

I can do that myself for free by not sending it in the first place.

SonicMojo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ...

1. MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ... - Similar Threads - CEO Data Collection

2. MS Account - Privacy data collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account - Privacy data collection: I recently found out after a chat discussion with Microsoft Support that they knew my exact location and what I was doing on my computer. This is something I found very invasive of my privacy and it was not any of their business. I asked the Microsoft Support person where...
  3. MS Account - Privacy data collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Account - Privacy data collection: I recently found out after a chat discussion with Microsoft Support that they knew my exact location and what I was doing on my computer. This is something I found very invasive of my privacy and it was not any of their business. I asked the Microsoft Support person where...
  4. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  5. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Solitaire Collection: I cannot start this program. I get an error code 104. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/443a1de8-87fd-4c16-a85f-4182502f4df5
  6. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection: This is now officially a pig, taking about 20% of my CPU and having delayed response. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/32e81856-8c58-47bd-b73a-ce454b504647
  7. MS solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS solitaire collection: The games will not start up. Blue screen comes up with title and hangs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/95aa2d0c-cbb0-4ff6-becf-9fc02dd42c1a
  8. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Solitaire Collection: MS just changed the Solitaire Collection to a different version that I do not like. I have the Premium Edition. Is there a way to make the MS Collection revert back to the way it was before? I do not want to play for XP points and I do not want to play levels. I just want to...
  9. Do we still need to disable data collection in fall edition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do we still need to disable data collection in fall edition?: Hi all. Just done a clean install of 1709. I see there's no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection directory. Does this mean they've hidden it away elsewhere and there's something else we need to alter to stop them? 98693
  10. Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity': Ten days into Microsoft's fiscal 2015, CEO Satya Nadella has sent a missive to the Microsoft troops. It's not all about developers, developers, developers. Or even devices and services. Instead, Nadella's July 10 e-mail message to all full-time employees (which also is...