Windows 10: Ms Edge and favicons.

Discus and support Ms Edge and favicons. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms Edge and favicons.

About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc news and ny post. Is there a way to generate them, or is this something edge is working on.

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016
  2. Zdzich Win User

Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

I have some website which shows its' favicon in Chrome, Firefox and even in Internet Explorer but does not show its' favicon in Edge ...

Zdzich, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Hugo 12 Win User
    Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

All but one of my Favicons are working.

Found the favicon listed in the files but will not show on the favorites list??

Recently imported the favorites list to this computer and ended up with this odd ball favicon. How can one not work and how would I reset it?

I use IE11, have no use for the non-robust EDGE.

Hugo 12, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Ms Edge and favicons.

The favicons have always been provided by the author of the Web site, I had to create one for mine then upload it to my Domain. When I go to a particular site and drag its icon to the Favorites Bar from the Address bar the favicon will show.

Berton, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    I've never had to do that with Firefox or google chrome. I'll try that.

Henry

Hewjr100, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ms Edge and favicons.

1. Ms Edge and favicons. - Similar Threads - Edge favicons

2. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  3. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  5. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  6. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can you change the shortcut icons from Edge's to website favicons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you change the shortcut icons from Edge's to website favicons?: I put about ten shortcuts onto my desktop, such as ones for eBay, Google, Amazon, etc.; however, they all have Edge's standard blue icons. This makes the whole group appear as a monolithic bunch of icons that all look the same and not so easy to read. Is there a way to change...
  8. Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer

in Browsers and Email
    Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer: I have four browsers on my desktop running Windows 10; the favicon for UBC Botanical Garden Forums displays in Firefox, Chrome and MSIE. It does not display in Edge. That site gives me notifications on the favicon, so I want it to display. I have just installed Win 10/Edge on...
  9. How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge?: I realize that many people like seeing the favicons (website icons) in their bookmark menu, but I can't stand looking at them! How can I prevent these eyesores from showing up in the bookmarks menu? I tried to find an extension, but no such luck. Is there a feature in the...
  10. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to create content process 0x8027025b

2. what is the double edged sickle icon on my bookmarks

3. how to resolve favicon edge

4. edge not loading favicon on localhost,
  5. why does edge show my favicon with a square background,
  6. favicon microsoft edge,
  7. ms edge display favicons,
  8. does edge backup favicons each day,
  9. edge favourites favicons,
  10. how to create favicon for microsoft edge,
  11. ms edge show favicons,