Windows 10: MS Edge Backups

Discus and support MS Edge Backups in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed Edge making it's own backup .html file now? Mine started 10/17/2017. [img] 97891 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wiley Coyote, Nov 12, 2017.

1. MS Edge Backups

Has anyone else noticed Edge making it's own backup .html file now? Mine started 10/17/2017.

MS Edge Backups [​IMG]

:)

Wiley Coyote, Nov 12, 2017

2. MS Edge Backup

Is there a method for Edge bookmark backup such that they can be transferred to other browsers?

Dr. VinnyGoombatz, Nov 12, 2017
  3. John Zab Win User
    MS Edge Backup

Hi Dr. Vinny,

To give you an idea about exporting and importing bookmarks to Edge, you may check this thread.

Let us know how it goes.

John Zab, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

MS Edge Backups

Yes, my 'homebrew' backup batch file has just alerted me by finding and backing it up.

In 1709 Edge appears to make a backup of your Favourites each time it's run. It seems to delete its previous backup and create a new folder (named to include the date it ran) called: MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups\MicrosoftEdgeBackupYYYYMMDD and containing the file
    MicrosoftEdgeFavoritesBackup.html.

5. Initially it just kept adding folders, I had quite a collection of them. But since I deleted the older ones it's just keeping the current one now.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge Backups

1. MS Edge Backups - Similar Threads - Edge Backups

2. How to backup Edge Bookmarks, Passwords, History, etc.

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup Edge Bookmarks, Passwords, History, etc.: [IMG]Microsoft Edge is one of the popular and secure web browsers. If you are an Edge user, this post will be helpful for you because we will show here how to back up Edge Bookmarks, Passwords, History, etc. If you know this method, you can easily restore your bookmarks,...
  3. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  4. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  5. How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?: Greetings, I'm trying to backup Edge legacy favorites. A tutorial says they are located in this folder: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\ However, the backup program gave errors on these files:...
  6. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Was wondering of the possibility in this scenario... Win10 Pro latest release was backed up as an image file on a backup drive. The backup drive was moved to a new PC running Win10 Home. Is there a way to recover the Edge passwords from the image file? There is also the...
  7. How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]This tutorial shows how to backup and restore all profiles, extensions, settings, favorites, history […] This article How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft Edge Backups Not Working??

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Backups Not Working??: Edge for some time now has made a daily backup. Mine hasn't made one in the last two days. Even the C:\Users\Clayton\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups folder is missing from C:\ Drive. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas are appreciated. 115059
  9. backup/restore installed Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    backup/restore installed Edge extensions: Hi, Is there any way to backup/restore installed Edge extensions? 108901
  10. How do I backup my Edge browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup my Edge browsing history?: I am preparing to reset my computer and wanted to backup my browsing history. Finding this info for Firefox & Chrome is no issue, but I've had no luck so far regarding Edge. Any idea where I could find some more information on doing this? 93438

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does edge create backups of icons each day