Windows 10: Ms Edge Browser connects and opens 10s tabs until system freeze

Discus and support Ms Edge Browser connects and opens 10s tabs until system freeze in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The only way I can use my one year old Acer laptop is if I forget the Wi Fi connection. As soon as I enable connection MS Edge opens a cascade of tabs... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lievin, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Lievin Win User

Ms Edge Browser connects and opens 10s tabs until system freeze

The only way I can use my one year old Acer laptop is if I forget the Wi Fi connection. As soon as I enable connection MS Edge opens a cascade of tabs freezing the system. Web Page Microsoft Edge.tips =Source? just opens and stay open and impossible to close... This is true for for Chrome as well... the same page on Google Chrome and there is no way to open another page.

Any help?

:)

Lievin, Mar 22, 2017

2. microsoft Edge browser keeps saying that websites are not responding

I wanted to add to pharmhouse on the Windows 10 MS Edge issue that is happening with my system also. MS Edge keeps saying "not responding" then if I have (2) or more tabs open, Edge will close a tab on it's own and immediately re-open that same website
    it closed, but it will open Edge again in a new window, not on a tab in the MS Edge window I already have open?

Terry G.Ellegood, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Rob Nelson_834, Mar 22, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

I'd be worried some virus or malware has infected your system

Try running Windows defender in offline mode.

One way to close down Edge is to use Task manager and End task for every instance of Microsoft Edge.

Ms Edge Browser connects and opens 10s tabs until system freeze [​IMG]

philc43, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Lievin Win User
    Thanks. I tried windows defender offline.
    Problem persists and now even without connection Microsoft edge opens the multiple tabs and Tips keeps on popping up that i am not connected. Any help. The tabs opens so much that the system freezes and unable to use task manager

Lievin, Mar 25, 2017
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Are you connected via LAN to the internet and does everything work then?

When you switch to wireless have you disconnected the LAN cable? In the past to protect a network dual homed connection was not allowed (simultaneous wired and wireless internet connections)

Try downloading and running SUPERAntiSpyware. I use the free edition, it cleans up things other programs miss and this might just be a minor bit of malware/spyware. SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! Click on the red "Free Edition" download button.

CmmTch, Mar 27, 2017
  7. mrgeek Win User
    The multiple tabs may be opening because Edge is trying to recover where it was before it crashed or unexpectedly closed by Task Manager. Go to the Menu in upper-R and click Settings at bottom, then make sure 'Open Edge with' is set to start page only and 'Open new tabs with' is set to blank page. Then, near bottom, click 'Advanced Settings' button and set specific page to open as 'Home' page. Review settings on both these Settings columns to insure proper preferences and close. Re-open to test.

mrgeek, Mar 27, 2017
  8. Lievin Win User

Thanks i will try that. I will let you know

Lievin, Mar 27, 2017
  9. Lievin Win User
    What i did is download trojan remover scanned my system and used the utikity reset hompage and it works. Unfortunateky 2 hours later the problem came back

Lievin, Mar 29, 2017
  10. CmmTch Win User
    I like @mrgeeks; suggestion, that sounds like it could've been a cause. What happened when you tried it?

Although the fact it does the same thing on Chrome too maybe indicates malware of some type. @philc43 has a point.

Does edge work ok when you're on a wired LAN? Did you try SUPERAntiSpyware? It's good program for cleaning up miscellaneous small bits of malware, and some big stuff too.

CmmTch, Mar 30, 2017
  11. Lievin Win User
    Thank you all of you. The problem i did all the suggestions you provided and now my system is working as new. I have no idea what exactely did the trick but i put in a day and did everything u guys suggested. One thing i also did is clean the temp file from Run

Lievin, Mar 30, 2017
  12. CmmTch Win User
    Unfortunately most times that's how it ends up. I've read it somewhere before, maybe here, but that's a definition of computer troubleshooting. Keep screwing around with it until something works *chuckle

Thanks for posting back, and glad to hear it seems fixed *Smile

You can mark this post solved once you feel it's actually solved.

CmmTch, Mar 30, 2017
  13. Lievin Win User

Sorry i am back. Couple of days after i celebrated i got this surprise . Edge opens with hubdred tabs and i see there clearly...126 pages more to open...really bizarre. Anyway here are the tabs.
    Go.microsoft.com/fwlink/LinkId=532389
    The same site with=787473
    Also microsoftedgetips
    And finally Bing.com/search?=get+help+with+file
    I blocked them in MsEdge and it works for a day and they are bypassing the block.

I scanned with all the malware scanner all of them..
    The below PUP never go away even when i delete them with the AV next i scan these two are there
    (RK)(PUP.Mr PCCleaner)licenseen.rtf
    RV Pup MrPccleanerno startpage
    Any idea how to remove. Maybe they are the problem

Lievin, Apr 7, 2017
  14. CmmTch Win User
    I googled PUP.MrPCCleaner and got plenty of hits Google

The link below might help, some of those google links have SpyHunter listed as part of their fix, I can't vouch for any particular anti virus/malware program other than SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, but you're getting to point needing to try things. You might consider looking at some of those sites to see what you think.

Remove PUP.Optional.PCCleaner.A FixYourBrowser.com

Good luck with this one, it sounds like it's difficult to completely remove it from your system. There is another forum I'm a member of, BleepingComputer.com - News, Reviews, and Technical Support that has people devoted to helping users remove these types of things. They've even written some Malware removal programs themselves.

This is not a shill for that site, I am only a member, and don't even visit too much anymore. During the XP OS days I was there all the time, and even started in their Malware removal program.

It's an alternative to look into, at this point you're trying to find a fix, regardless of where it comes from.

CmmTch, Apr 8, 2017
  15. Lievin Win User
    Thanks.you have been very helpful.

Lievin, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Ms Edge Browser connects and opens 10s tabs until system freeze - Similar Threads - Edge Browser connects

2. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  3. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  4. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  5. Tabs problem with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs problem with MS Edge: I am annoyed by something Edge does every time I open it. Suppose I visit BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. and then close down Edge. The next time I open Edge, at the very top of the page, I get tabs showing BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. Sometimes there are...
  6. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...
  7. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  8. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go microsoft com 787473