Windows 10: MS Edge browser often refreshes page while browsing

Discus and support MS Edge browser often refreshes page while browsing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It has become a pain with the Edge browser refreshing. It happens when I move to the "next page" that's not the end of the world, but often the refresh... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by smalltown, Aug 30, 2018.

1. smalltown Win User

MS Edge browser often refreshes page while browsing

It has become a pain with the Edge browser refreshing. It happens when I move to the "next page" that's not the end of the world, but often the refresh brings me back to the starting page.
    Searched for others having the same issue, and it looks like I am alone.
    Chrome doesn't have the issue.

:)

smalltown, Aug 30, 2018

2. AOL home page on Windows 10 Edge and Chrome browsers

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if this issue confined to specific website.

I suggest you to Maximize and Minimize the browser screen and check if it helps.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the
    Microsoft Edge
    browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Aug 30, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Edge browser, start page: destroy MSN

Hi!

Online help and MS forum "gurus" explain clearly how to set your homepage when you open Edge or a new tab. No really necesary as it is just 2 settings in the configuration... but...

Endless times have I checked it and disabled "News feed" or "Suggested content" and set it to only my favorites.

Still I am stuffed with returning MSN news aggregation page, which is mainly shitnews, fakenews or trivialnews. Hate it to death!

Do you know a hack, registry or file edit to totally destroy this news feed? Thanks in advance!

Microsoft: this simple issue is forcing me more and more to move to Vivaldi and other browsers. Do you really have to bomb us with nonsense news?

erixx, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge browser often refreshes page while browsing - Similar Threads - Edge browser often

2. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER: Hello, I am not able to browse the specific web server using Edge browser, though it works using Google Chrome from the same PC. i ahve checked following already and could conclude the resason. " dns " is set to " automatic " on the network property NSLOOKUP givne the correct...
  3. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER: Hello, I am not able to browse the specific web server using Edge browser, though it works using Google Chrome from the same PC. i ahve checked following already and could conclude the resason. " dns " is set to " automatic " on the network property NSLOOKUP givne the correct...
  4. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. does MS EDGE crushes often?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    does MS EDGE crushes often?: I am using MS Edge for browsing internet. But I face sometimes it freeze, goes black screen and crushed. I do not understand is the problem with this browser or my laptop....
  6. edge browser refresh issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge browser refresh issue: Since a few days ago my edge browser keeps refreshing while on a site like facebook or linkedin. I turned off the auto meta refresh option as someone suggested and deleted cookies but it still does it. It's really frustrating that while in the midst of doing something the...
  7. MS Edge browser often refreshes page while browsing

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Edge browser often refreshes page while browsing: It has become a pain with the Edge browser refreshing. It happens when I move to the "next page" that's not the end of the world, but often the refresh brings me back to the starting page. Searched for others having the same issue, and it looks like I am alone. Chrome...
  8. when browsing with Edge browser often get script stopped errors

in Browsers and Email
    when browsing with Edge browser often get script stopped errors: With Win10 Often I get, while browsing with Edge browser, get script stopped errors. I then stop using Edge and go back to the Win Browser that is still carried over from Win 8.1 That browser hardly ever has error problems. It is like Edge is very buggy. Anyone else have the...
  9. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...