Windows 10: MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

Discus and support MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ddelo, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ddelo Win User

MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the “Adobe PDF” printer. There was no problem, with Edge before FCU.
    MS Edge does print with no problem to “Microsoft Print to PDF”, to my HP LaserJet and to "Microsoft XPS Document Writer".

I already did both Repair and Reset of Edge (Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced Options), with no luck!

Does anyone else experience the same problem? Is there a solution to that?

And a little background:
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1709 Build 16299.309
    Microsoft Edge Version 41.16299.248.0
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, (Classic Track) Version 2015.006.30417

MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU [​IMG]

Any idea and suggestion is most welcome!

:)

ddelo, Mar 19, 2018

2. Cannot print pdf in Windows 10 Edge or Reader

I can print from MS Word and I can print a web-page from Edge but not a pdf that opened in Edge. I tried opening the pdf in Reader, but it still did not print.

The pdf was e-mailed to me. It opened auto-magically in Edge (rather than reader or adobe acrobat).

Thank you for your help,

Leah

LeahsCreations, Mar 19, 2018
  3. BBinWY Win User
    Win10 PDF files not readable

I can print using the Win10 Print to PDF. I have several such PDF files on my desktop but cannot open them with either Adobe Reader or Edge.

I can print to PDF using PDF995 driver and open them with both Edge and Adobe Reader. I can also open older PDF files created on my old machine. Seems like a MS printer driver issue. Where do I get help, please?

BBinWY, Mar 19, 2018
  4. MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2018
  5. ddelo Win User
    First of all, a big thanks *Thumbs to @Caledon Ken for taking the time to propose a solution.

Following his recommendation, I tried both solutions offered in the adobe forum, but none of them worked:

1. Cannot print to pdf from microsoft edge in wind... | Adobe Community (did not work at all)
    2. Cannot print to pdf from microsoft edge in wind... | Adobe Community (started printing but the small page I tried to print, got stuck in the print spooler, for ever!)

So to I had to clear the print spooler and as always Shawn @“Reset and Clear Print Spooler in Windows 10” tut.

Print spooler, was cleared.

Went back to my Adobe PDF printer and reset it, to what it was before trying the above recommendations:

(a) Devices and printers > Adobe PDF printer > (right click) PRINTER PROPERTIES > Advanced tab - 'Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster' and 'Start printing immediately'.

(b) Devices and printers > Adobe PDF printer > (right click) PRINTING PREFERENCES > Adobe PDF Settings > unchecked 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts'

Case closed!
    Apparently, the print spooler was stuck from some previous unsuccessful printing attempt and clearing it, solved the problem and now Edge prints to Adobe PDF with no problem.

I hope that helps somebody else, with the same problem.

ddelo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

1. MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU - Similar Threads - Edge does print

2. Print To Pdf Question Using MS Print to pdf.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print To Pdf Question Using MS Print to pdf.: Folks, I have a word doc, and at the bottom I put 5 links. I made all 5 by r clicking the text > Link, pasting the true url in there, and then I printed the doc to pdf using MS Print to pdf.My issue is none of those links are clickable in the pdf? I just get the hand icon...
  3. Print To Pdf Question Using MS Print to pdf.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print To Pdf Question Using MS Print to pdf.: Folks, I have a word doc, and at the bottom I put 5 links. I made all 5 by r clicking the text > Link, pasting the true url in there, and then I printed the doc to pdf using MS Print to pdf.My issue is none of those links are clickable in the pdf? I just get the hand icon...
  4. Print To Pdf Question Using MS Print to pdf.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cant print to PDF with adobe reader

Cant print to PDF with adobe reader: Hi, When i am at work i try to print to PDF...but it wont do it, and just shows a box saying that my license doesnt allow me to do this. Do you know how to get round this?
  6. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  7. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  8. My Adobe PDF won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Adobe PDF won't print: I was trying to print something from my Adobe PDF reader, but it keeps freezing and won't respond. Is there any other PDF reader I can download that will work better? I'm getting pretty tired of Adobe. Unless you pay, their stuff won't work. Yes I've rebooted and it...
  9. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  10. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?: I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing. I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used...