Windows 10: MS Edge does not respond

Discus and support MS Edge does not respond in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jlo, Oct 4, 2015.

1. JLO
    jlo Win User

MS Edge does not respond

I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade.

:)

2. MS Edge does not close. It does not respond to Alt+4. It works only when you open Task bar.

I have same issue, ran both methods, both report errors

sfc /scannow reports some errors fixed, others to be repaired on reboot, but after reboot I ran again and still reports errors

DISM reports error 1726 at 20%

Hitmanpro scan finds no viruses etc

Vipre Rescue scan also reported no viruses

windows update also reports error 800705b4

windows update troubleshooter cannot identify issue

every time I reboot, windows update reports it is installing updates, but when I go to history, no record of updates installed after April 13th, 2016

Perri Poirier, Oct 4, 2015
  3. ryh_rh Win User
    MS Edge does not close. It does not respond to Alt+4. It works only when you open Task bar.

Ruth's suggestions may be helpful but I could not replicate the problem after her message.

I have to answer the questions raised by her.

Computer: It is a custom build computer With ASROCK MB, AMD 8 core processor,16 GB fast memory and SSD drive. (2 year old).

Windows 10: Installed fresh copy 64 bit four weeks ago. For first three weeks I did not see any problem. All Updates were installed successfully.

Virus protection: Windows defender

This crazy behavior of Edge occurred when I posted this problem and stayed for two to three days. Now Edge is working good. I suspected two or three instances were opening when I clicked the program. I could not close the program except by rebooting or
    going to Task manager.

Now it is working stable. I could not replicate the problem now.

I sincerely thank Ruth for her response.

ryh_rh, Oct 4, 2015
  4. MS Edge does not respond

Edge should of appeared in the task bar along where IE11 sits and you should of been able to just click and the web page should of happened,
    Also have you tried opening the apps page and getting it from there.

hTconeM9user, Oct 4, 2015
  5. JLO
    jlo Win User
    yes i have tried to open it from all of the locations taskbar start menu and command line

Thema:

MS Edge does not respond

1. MS Edge does not respond - Similar Threads - Edge does respond

2. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  3. does MS EDGE crushes often?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does MS EDGE crushes often?: I am using MS Edge for browsing internet. But I face sometimes it freeze, goes black screen and crushed. I do not understand is the problem with this browser or my laptop....
  4. does MS EDGE crushes often?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does MS EDGE crushes often?: I am using MS Edge for browsing internet. But I face sometimes it freeze, goes black screen and crushed. I do not understand is the problem with this browser or my laptop....
  5. does MS EDGE crushes often?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Edge not responding

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not responding: OS version 21H1 19043.1081 When i open Microsoft Edge and click on a link i am getting the Microsoft Edge is not responding and have to close the program ( sometimes i have to use Task Manager to close it ). My version of Edge is Version 91.0.864.48 . Would i be able to...
  7. MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.: Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date. As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via Powershell instructions from this forum....but to no avail.(On 3 occasions over last few days). Have attached two images from...
  8. MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.: Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date. As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via Powershell instructions from this forum....but to no avail.(On 3 occasions over last few days). Have attached two images from...
  9. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/df481d11-8584-4b7c-813c-c619cd37a497
  10. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/b6ecb954-037f-405b-87f1-ed5ec6c0f28e