Windows 10: Ms edge new tab page.

Discus and support Ms edge new tab page. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms edge new tab page.

In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this.

Henry

Attachment 95508

:)

Hewjr100, Aug 10, 2016

2. MS Edge New Tab Page broken as of today 8/21

sfc /scannow did not find any problems:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

MS Edge new tab windows still cannot be configured and IE still does not connect to any web.

Windows 10 is loaded with bugs.

NeilBurkhouse, Aug 10, 2016
  3. MS Edge New Tab Page broken as of today 8/21

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 10, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Ms edge new tab page.

I'm not aware of a way. Only the first home page can be set to Google.com.

What you can do though is set new tabs to open with a blank page, then go to Settings > View Advanced Settings > and set 'Search In Address Bar With' to Google. Then when you open a new tab, if you type a search term in the address bar and hit enter, it will display the results in Google.

Ms edge new tab page. [​IMG]

ARC1020, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Ok that is what I did just now. Thanks for your help.

Henry

Hewjr100, Aug 10, 2016
  6. StevieM Win User
    @ARC1020 Is there any way of setting this for all users via a registry key, do you know?

StevieM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ms edge new tab page.

1. Ms edge new tab page. - Similar Threads - edge tab page

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  4. MS Edge NEW TAB Content

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge NEW TAB Content: I keep "Hiding" news feeds that I consider left wing propaganda, but they keep coming back, sites like CNN and its ilk. How can I make this "hide" option permanent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-new-tab-content/f1e20e7f-1b44-45c2-8bd7-7bcfdc0eeec2
  5. Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.: Hi there I've noticed of late that when you have a new tab page in edge, it now puts your local weather in the top left. Is there any way to stop this ? I've really tried to like Edge, but I'm getting rather tired of Microsoft putting things there for 'my convenience' when...
  6. Truly blank new tab page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Truly blank new tab page in Edge: Ive tried getting a truly blank page in edge when opening a new tab, the closest i can get is a page with a Bing search box in the middle. Is there a way to fer a truly 'blank' page like in firefox ? 167957
  7. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  8. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  9. Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has reengineered its Microsoft Edge browser and has moved it from EdgeHTML to the Chromium engine. This means that Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge will be powered by the same web engine. However, Microsoft has added some [...] This post...
  10. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...