Windows 10: Ms edge new tab page.

Discus and support Ms edge new tab page. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms edge new tab page.

In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this.

Henry

Attachment 95508

:)

Hewjr100, Aug 10, 2016

2. MS Edge New Tab Page broken as of today 8/21

sfc /scannow did not find any problems:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

MS Edge new tab windows still cannot be configured and IE still does not connect to any web.

Windows 10 is loaded with bugs.

NeilBurkhouse, Aug 10, 2016
  3. MS Edge New Tab Page broken as of today 8/21

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 10, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Ms edge new tab page.

I'm not aware of a way. Only the first home page can be set to Google.com.

What you can do though is set new tabs to open with a blank page, then go to Settings > View Advanced Settings > and set 'Search In Address Bar With' to Google. Then when you open a new tab, if you type a search term in the address bar and hit enter, it will display the results in Google.

Ms edge new tab page. [​IMG]

ARC1020, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Ok that is what I did just now. Thanks for your help.

Henry

Hewjr100, Aug 10, 2016
  6. StevieM Win User
    @ARC1020 Is there any way of setting this for all users via a registry key, do you know?

StevieM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ms edge new tab page.

1. Ms edge new tab page. - Similar Threads - edge tab page

2. Find your flow with Enterprise New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Find your flow with Enterprise New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge: How much time do you think you spend looking for things at work? Because our files and information are stored in so many places it’s probably quite a bit. In fact, according to McKinsey, we spend 20% of our work week just searching for internal information, tracking down...
  3. Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [ATTACH] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [ATTACH] Also, notice that YouTube doesn't...
  4. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  5. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  6. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  7. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  8. The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.: Hi, Not sure if I describing what I am looking for correctly. I was told yesterday by a large financial institution, that I need to make changes to the settting listed on the "about:flags" page, accessed by opening a new tab, and typing in "about:flags". A series of...
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge: [img] Leading up to its release this summer, Microsoft is feverishly working to complete Edge (previously called Project Spartan), the next-generation browser in Windows 10. In the latest Windows 10 build, 10120, Microsoft has started to refine the 'new tab' page. As...