Windows 10: MS Edge not getting enough attention?

Discus and support MS Edge not getting enough attention? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just out of curiosity here, I had been testing and using Edge recently and it seems to be a very fast browser. I mean the loading of pages seems to be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Mar 14, 2018.

1. MS Edge not getting enough attention?

Just out of curiosity here, I had been testing and using Edge recently and it seems to be a very fast browser. I mean the loading of pages seems to be very smooth.

But somehow, Edge is kind of left in the dark as compared to Chrome and Firefox. Maybe its the lack of extensions or Add-Ons. Who knows.

And as a security standpoint, MS claims it to be more secure than Chrome. But that can be perceived as a marketing strategy.

As for enterprise users, many of them are not considering in using Edge because of their programs not being compatible. But for standard Home users this should not be an issue.

Any thoughts on this?

:)

win10freak, Mar 14, 2018

2. How do I get antialiasing to work with google chrome?

I understand that but knowing how to do it with MS Edge is enough I don't have that much of a preference anyways.

KYLEBRANDTJEN, Mar 14, 2018
  3. BobScott Win User
    windows 10 chrome and IE can connect...edge can't ?

I am having exactly the same problems. Edge is extremely unreliable both on my notebook and on my pc. What a pity I cant just uninstall it and forget it. I am a MS fan but enough is enough.

BobScott, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

MS Edge not getting enough attention?

I think the main issue that prevents greater take up of Edge as a browser is that when released it was at best half finished. yes it was fast but it was under featured, so slower to use than the alternatives. Then there is the perceived spying factor of something supplied with Windows 10 and "Compatible" with Cortana.

There is also as you mentioned the lack of support for add-ons, at the initial release of Edge it had no support for Addons at all, so anyone who wanted to work in a way that they were used to had no choice that stay with Firefox or Chrome

Addons are an essential part of a browser these days for anyone who needs, or wants to, work in a particular way, A non Edge example is the recent changes to the Add-ons "Engine" in FF v57, this meant that, as an essential add-on to me, was not supported by FF so I switched to Chrome, and several updates later am still there , at the time of change and as far as I know still. Edge was not even in the right ballpark to be considered.

Barman58, Mar 14, 2018
  5. The lack of supported Add-ons for Edge what probably makes it more secure than the other mentioned browsers because malware uses Add-Ons as a vector for infection. And its running under a sandboxed container (just like Chrome does as well).

From a security standpoint, I would use Edge if I had a choice.

win10freak, Mar 15, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    I do, but only for my online banking. For all else it's Firefox or even IE.

7. Helmut Win User
    I come from Windows 8.1 and the Apps type Web Browser was very simple in that, Edge is just a later version of that in Windows 10, it's very slowly getting better but it is always hampered by the Touchscreen layout/spacing which MS seems to be pursuing.
    I use very few Add-Ons in any Web Browser usage preference is IE 11 > Chrome > Edge.

Direfox is just a waste of time too problematical, endless fiddling about.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge not getting enough attention?

1. MS Edge not getting enough attention? - Similar Threads - Edge getting enough

2. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: Why does MS Edge keep asking me to enter passwords. This browser seems incapable of maintaining access to passwords and cookie settings. They disappear about once per day I'm now going back to using Chrome as I'm fed up with this feature of Edge!!!...
  3. MS EDGE

MS EDGE: is there anything i can do in short of deleting this disaster to make it work correctly.it the worst browser ive ever used. used the old edge it was ok.this is absolutely horrible..thxs...
  4. MS Edge

MS Edge: How can i revert back to the previous version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/aed3a24c-53d3-46b0-b0ff-f0c8859025f4
  5. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Edge: I need to remove Edge or disable it permanently. We use Adobe for viewing and editing pdf's. We also use IE11 for viewing documents on our sharepoint server, all pdf's. How do I keep Edge from taking over as the default app permanently. In a company my size a windows update...
  6. MS EDGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS EDGE: The other day I disabled (did not allow anyone to use MS Edge including myself. How can I ENABLE myself again? OS is Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/441c407b-6615-4b8b-b50a-755757280102
  7. MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Edge: I am having an issue. My computer must comply with CMS HIPAA requirements. My company utilizes a screen saver that performs background work when it is activated. Since MS Edge preloads actions even though it is not active my screen saver thinks that the computer is active and...
  8. MS Edge

MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  9. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge: Edge will NOT start. Have done repair and reset and Edge will not start. How do I un-install and re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/ms-edge/cc9459bf-b326-4f86-b75e-f06d3a1ad73b
  10. My MS Account needs attention, again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My MS Account needs attention, again: Here we go again - I'm getting the message that my Microsoft account needs attention to get get new builds, with a Fix me button. The Fix me button goes on to tell me how to STOP getting new builds. No way out of this foolish loop. Or is there? Has anyone overcome this...