Windows 10: ms edge running even when the app is closed

Discus and support ms edge running even when the app is closed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tahsin Ditto, Nov 30, 2023.

1. ms edge running even when the app is closed

Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear the audio!!!! Even though i close the app the audio still persists and the app keeps opening from time to time. Please take into account that i've faced too many power cuts in my area while working on my pc so my guess is that the app never clesed properly after every power cut. This problem is annoys me the most while gami

:)

Tahsin Ditto, Nov 30, 2023
  2. brazospo Win User

MS Edge on my WinPhone 10 crashes since a few days.

MS Edge has always worked fine on my beloved Lumia 735. Unfortunately, since a few days, Edge stops running after some scrolling and closes itself.

I found on some MS Help on line the suggestion to clear Edge History and I did so, but now Edge doesn't start at all or, if started, it closes itself immediately.

• How could I fix this sudden problem?

brazospo, Nov 30, 2023
  3. multiple MS Edge & MS Edge Content Process running, memory warning.

As I look at Task Manager, there are 3 separate entries for Microsoft Edge in Task Manager. There also used to be 2 separate MS Edge Content Process. I've started nothing else since I restarted the computer, There was a memory warning saying to close
    programs to free up memory, but I've started nothing else but Edge, which has been running for the past 4 hours. I clicked on "End Task" for all MS Edge listings. After a couple of times MS Edge Content Process hasn't returned. Even though I did the same
    for all the Edge entries, it's still open, and all MS Edge listings keep returning. 10 minutes later, one 'Edge is using 145.2 MB memory, the 2nd 72.4 MB, and the last is using 18.3 MB memory. At the time of the memory warning 2 of the 'Edge listing were
    using approximately 300 MB combined. There's nothing else running except for McAfee Scanner service @ 70 MB, which is even in that neighborhood.

Under the Details tab on Task Manager, Microsoft Edge CP #1 is using 150, 322 k, Microsoft Edge CP #2 is using 73,932 k., Microsoft Edge is using 15,276k.

Why the 3 running MS Edge entries? And why, when I ended them in Task Manager, did Edge not close but stayed onscreen and relaunched? Once I closed them and they relaunched with less memory usage, the memory warning disappeared. Should any browser use
    so much memory that it causes a warning?

sam8988378, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Ph0werd Win User

ms edge running even when the app is closed

MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? ms edge running even when the app is closed :p

Ph0werd, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

ms edge running even when the app is closed

1. ms edge running even when the app is closed - Similar Threads - edge running app

2. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  3. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  4. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  5. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  6. prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

in Browsers and Email
    prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close: Hi, I have some site installed as apps, amazon prime for example, really useful. But when I close edge opened web apps close too. I already change "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed" to "On", but nothing change. Is it a known problem, Is there...
  7. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes: Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up...
  8. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449
  9. Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running: Hi guys, I am running Microsoft Edge on windows 10, however when I run Microsoft Edge, the icon is missing from the task bar but still appears to recognise it.. I have also just rebuilt my laptop yesterday with a fresh OS of windows 10 pro. [img] Any suggestions...
  10. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?: Hi there, I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed Windows 10 Pro x64 Kind regards 105255