Windows 10: MS Edge .. Should i Switch?

Discus and support MS Edge .. Should i Switch? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How good is MS Edge for you? Do you Think MS Edge will become better in the future? Does anybody actually use it as there Default Browser? Do you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ph0werd, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge .. Should i Switch?

How good is MS Edge for you?
    Do you Think MS Edge will become better in the future?
    Does anybody actually use it as there Default Browser?
    Do you Recommend it to me? .. (Yes, so Why?)
    Because i want to switch from Chrome to Edge, but i'm not sure.. yeah the reason why: (Because i don't do anything special on Desktop PC's) *Wink i just watch Youtube, and follow Forum sites.. *chuckle

Cheers! *Cool

:)

Ph0werd, Mar 31, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Edge stalls/ MS should of fixed this by Now?

If that problem ever really existed it must have been fixed long ago because I don't have that problem with Microsoft Edge.

15 MB/s is a pretty slow connection these days. Perhaps you live in a part of the country that is under-served by the big broadband carriers, which is shameful. For the exorbitant prices they charge, the broadband carriers can afford to provide everyone
    with high-speed internet.

A way to improve your internet experience is to block bandwidth-sucking ads. There are ad blocking extensions for all the major web browsers, including Microsoft Edge.

BulldogXX, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Edge stalls/ MS should of fixed this by Now?

Hi,

There's a Troubleshooting Tool you can use in your Windows 10 system. This solution have worked according to some Edge users who have experience the same issue.

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Click on System and Security.

3. Select Security and Maintenance.

MS Edge .. Should i Switch? [​IMG]

4. Then, click on that Troubleshooting.

5. Select Hardware and Sounds.

Right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service,

then select on "Run as Administrator".

After running the troubleshooter, check if the issue continues.

Let us know how that went.

Joanna 777, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Up to you if you want to switch or try Edge.
    I don't use it because there's always something wrong with it on every new Build!
    Edge isn't up to par yet!
    (But that's just me!) *Wink

Edwin, Mar 31, 2018
  5. ddelo Win User
    I have it as my default browser...and is working OK. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox and I didn't see any major advantages over Edge.
    As all browsers, it has its ups and downs, but overall is fast and reliable and definitely needs improvement in some areas. But for your needs, as described, it will be just fine!

ddelo, Mar 31, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    I would just give it a go for a period and see if you like it.

swarfega, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Faith Win User
    Use Edge if you use Microsoft products and services.
    Use Chrome if you use Google products and services.
    Use Firefox if you're an oddball.

Faith, Mar 31, 2018
  8. Ph0werd Win User

Hmm, any recommendations for extensions to use in Edge?

I think more users will switch to Edge when the Spring Creators Update is released..
    Because then there will be new features available in Edge and more Fluent-design..

Should i switch orn't, because i'm afraid that Edge will fail in the Future but i'm not sure... because not so many People uses Edge as there daily-to-go Browser..

And iknow MS needs an Browser in there OS​.. right?

Ph0werd, Mar 31, 2018
  9. Ph0werd Win User
    Hmm good Explained
    I use an Android Phone: (Only use Chrome on my Android phone, and Sometimes Google maps thats all and even use Youtube alot..)
    and i use MS Products: (Hotmail, OneDrive, Powerpoint, Windows 10)

So thats a good question, can you help me to Decide?

Ph0werd, Mar 31, 2018
  10. Faith Win User
    You write like it's a commitment, just test both. *really Maybe start with Chrome now and then test Edge for a month once the update is out? If you use more Microsoft services than Google then maybe Edge is better for you,? but only you can decide this. I don't use extensions so I can't help you there. I use Edge as default because it came with the OS. I don't like downloading a bunch of programs on my PC, I like it clean, yea. *Cool

Faith, Mar 31, 2018
  11. Edwin New Member
    LOL!

Edwin, Mar 31, 2018
  12. CountMike New Member
    Oddballs of the world... UNITE !!!

CountMike, Apr 1, 2018
  13. Ph0werd Win User

I've decided to run Edge as my main Browser.. because Chrome is playing nasty again they scan all your files on your PC with there nasty chrome clean up tool, and they send everything back to Google even if you opt-out (I think)

Ph0werd, Apr 2, 2018
  14. torre Win User
    Doesn't the Chrome Clean Up Tool have to be downloaded and activated ?

torre, Apr 2, 2018
  15. Ph0werd Win User
    Nope, they have built it in into Chrome.. and they scan your documents, settings, processes of your pc and other things twice a week.. the scan takes 2-10 minutes to complete.. :/ but i dont trust it, this is a new way for Google to collect your data, and they will benefit from it.. so Google can make big moneys again .... i dont trust it

Ph0werd, Apr 2, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge .. Should i Switch? - Similar Threads - Edge Should Switch

2. Should I switch to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I switch to 11: I have used windows 11 two times on my PC, first was with upgrade It got corrupted and slow and the second was a clean install, still no success, I use 10 now is 11 more stable in 2023?...
  3. Should I switch to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I switch to 11: I have used windows 11 two times on my PC, first was with upgrade It got corrupted and slow and the second was a clean install, still no success, I use 10 now is 11 more stable in 2023?...
  4. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: Why does MS Edge keep asking me to enter passwords. This browser seems incapable of maintaining access to passwords and cookie settings. They disappear about once per day I'm now going back to using Chrome as I'm fed up with this feature of Edge!!!...
  5. Should I switch to W10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I switch to W10?: Hi I am a linux user, I want to play league of legends but my system sucks, I was able to play on W7 quite good on low settings around 100 fps. My system specs are Pentium g3260 CPU 4 GB DDR3 Ram 500GB HDD and R5 220. Should I switch Windows 10 or go with Windows 7. Regards....
  6. Should i switch to win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should i switch to win 10?: So I need to get a new windows license because my win 8.1 pro is expiring. I didnt have any issue with it whatsoever . Should I even get win 10? I mostly play video games and people tell me that it's better yet I still see people on the internet complaining about random...
  7. MS EDGE

MS EDGE: is there anything i can do in short of deleting this disaster to make it work correctly.it the worst browser ive ever used. used the old edge it was ok.this is absolutely horrible..thxs...
  8. MS Edge

MS Edge: How can i revert back to the previous version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/aed3a24c-53d3-46b0-b0ff-f0c8859025f4
  9. MS Edge

MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  10. Should I switch to 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I switch to 64-bit?: Hey guys, I'm currently using Windows 10 32-bit and I'm thinking about switching to 64-bit, but is it a good idea? My CPU is completely 64-bit capable (Intel Core Duo E7400 2.80 GHz) and I have 4 GB of RAM (DDR2) installed but only 3.24 GB are usable. So, what do you...