Windows 10: MS Edge. URL partically in white lettering

Discus and support MS Edge. URL partically in white lettering in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not sure if this is just me, but after a recent (the last couple of weeks), I noticed that when I look at the URL bar in Edge, a portion is listed in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mayorville, Oct 16, 2016.

1. MS Edge. URL partically in white lettering

Not sure if this is just me, but after a recent (the last couple of weeks), I noticed that when I look at the URL bar in Edge, a portion is listed in white color lettering & the remaining is in grey colored lettering. For example, "tenforums.com" is in white colored lettering & anything after that including the "/" is in grey colored lettering

Has anybody else seen this & is there a way to switch this back to the way it was?

Thanks

:)

mayorville, Oct 16, 2016

2. black screen with white lettering highlighted in yellow or green

Apparently my 2 year old HP computer was missing a driver that was needed. The company had been sold and there were no available upgrades.

I was instructed to default to the windows 10 installed driver and its working like a charm.

Lloyd Nurse, Oct 16, 2016
  3. black screen with white lettering highlighted in yellow or green

started after I upgraded one computer to windows10. The computer suggested that the new monitor was analog and was flashing a 5 pin plug and HDMI sign. I was converting from DVI to hdmi.

Now all my computers are turning to black screen whenever I sign onto my explorer account. This is a big problem.... I need HELP

Lloyd Nurse, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

MS Edge. URL partically in white lettering

The white is merely the shortened URL, the protocol is hidden unless you click in the address field, the rest is the path, parameters etc.
    I don't know why it's like that.

Edwin, Oct 16, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    This is as it should be, default way for Edge to show URL: domain is highlighted:

MS Edge.  URL partically in white lettering [​IMG]

I don't think you can change it.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge. URL partically in white lettering

1. MS Edge. URL partically in white lettering - Similar Threads - Edge URL partically

2. Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????: My Dell laptop is windows 10 and the screen is black not the background but the screen is black and letters are white or yellow. How do I change it back, I think I slid a slider or clicked on something I don't know why but I can't revert back to the white screen and black...
  3. Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????: My Dell laptop is windows 10 and the screen is black not the background but the screen is black and letters are white or yellow. How do I change it back, I think I slid a slider or clicked on something I don't know why but I can't revert back to the white screen and black...
  4. Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange error in the new MS Edge...garbled letters in words

in Browsers and Email
    Strange error in the new MS Edge...garbled letters in words: This has only happens using the new updated MS Edge. The old Edge never did this. FF and Iridium browser work fine. Missing sections of letters. Anyone else have this happen? It only happens occasionally. [img] 164813
  6. letters, with white surrounding

in Windows 10 Support
    letters, with white surrounding: Hi Everyone, my English is rather poor, please forgive me. My eyes are not the best anymore, and I can' [img] t see letters well, when they are not clear. Sometimes I get letters, with white surrounding and blurry. I attach a file where you can see it. I don~t even know, how...
  7. How to change screen settings from black with white letters to white with black letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change screen settings from black with white letters to white with black letters: How to change screen settings from black with white letters to white with black letters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-settings-from-black-with/c85078fc-ec37-4257-bbbd-e411f9cf1575
  8. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  9. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  10. Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop: Is it possible to drag URL's from Edge to the desktop? I got very used to doing this under Firefox and found it handy. Thank you. 100390