Windows 10: Ms Folding Keyboard

Discus and support Ms Folding Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there This looks a winner - around 6o GBP / 100 USD to be released in July -- will handle more than ONE device simultaneously.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Mar 3, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms Folding Keyboard

jimbo45, Mar 3, 2015

2. Surfacephone

Some details have been released unofficially onto the www with some images, yesterday MS filed for some patents for a folding device, personally I would say the phone is nearly ready for release and the folding phone patents are just a slight detour to
    shake people off the trail of the actual device, MS want this to be the ultimate device so a folding phone is out of the running, yet some leaked photos show the Surface phone with a thin fold out keyboard which doubles as a screen protector, this is more
    feasible and looks more like the device that will eventually go on sale, yes I am also waiting to buy one.

PeterWilkinson1964, Mar 3, 2015
  3. 2520 Power Keyboard and using the on-screen keyboard

Hi,

I've just bought a 2520 with Power Keyboard. Occasionally I do not want to have to use the keyboard, and so fold the keyboard so that only the tablet is showing. But whenever I click into a text box the on-screen keyboard does not show. How do I get this
    to happen automatically? At present the only way is quite long-winded through the charms.

I know that when the MS Surface keyboard is folded back it switches the keyboard off and so the tablet then defaults to using the on-screen keyboard. Can the 2520 do similar with the Power Keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

dpowyslybbe, Mar 3, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Ms Folding Keyboard

Not a new concept, as I've seen a number of other folding keyboards, at significantly less cost. However, this one does seem to be very high quality... very thin, water resistant, and well designed... Most of the other ones I've seen have been kind of clunky.

Mystere, Mar 3, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Want. . .now. . .*Smile

6. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Mar 3, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
  8. badrobot Win User

Ms Folding Keyboard

The folding feature is useless for me. I never had to lug around a keyboard.

Simultaneous connectivity GOOD! Bluetooth connectivity... BAD.

That's 2 to 1.

I'll pass on this one.

badrobot, Mar 3, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    Then you don't Want. . .now. . . *Smile

Winuser, Mar 3, 2015
  10. strollin Win User
    Why is BT connectivity bad? Pretty much all phones and tablets have BT built-in, many laptops have it as well.

strollin, Mar 3, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    So you only use your phones and tablets when you're sitting at a desk with a physical keyboard?

Mystere, Mar 3, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    I am not saying BT is bad in general. It's a bad idea for keyboards.
    I've had BT keyboard once. Lag is the main problem. And if you have other bluetooth devices, interference is an issue. If that bluetooth is aimed also at ipad and android tablets, it's really not for me. If I need a keyboard on the move, I'll bring my laptop.

Why do you need a keyboard on phone and tablets? BT is good for music because you don't really notice the lag unless you are watching a music video.

badrobot, Mar 3, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

Ms Folding Keyboard

Again, who needs keyboards on phones and tablets?

I am fine with the touchscreen on those gadgets.

What is the reason for getting portable touchscreen devices if your keyboard is bigger than the device itself?

badrobot, Mar 3, 2015
  14. strollin Win User
    Especially with a tablet, one might want to do some actual work like compose/edit a document or a long email or work on a spreadsheet. At those times a keyboard comes in very handy as opposed to using an on-screen keyboard. If you don't have the need then fine, you don't need/want it, but others might.

strollin, Mar 3, 2015
  15. badrobot Win User
    That's what I said.

I said "I will pass on this one. "
    (mainly because of the bluetooth part.).

I didn't say " Don't get it everyone."

badrobot, Mar 4, 2015
Thema:

Ms Folding Keyboard

1. Ms Folding Keyboard - Similar Threads - Folding Keyboard

2. Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.: I have an HP Pavilion x360. I have connected it to my monitor and want to use it as a keyboard while folding it but it switches over to tablet mode and disables the keyboard. Please help me solve this issue I have been attempting to disable tablet mode for a while now but...
  3. Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.: I have an HP Pavilion x360. I have connected it to my monitor and want to use it as a keyboard while folding it but it switches over to tablet mode and disables the keyboard. Please help me solve this issue I have been attempting to disable tablet mode for a while now but...
  4. Laptop not recognizing when screen/keyboard folded into tent/tablet mode, rotation lock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognizing when screen/keyboard folded into tent/tablet mode, rotation lock...: I have an HP Envy 360 model number 13m-bd1033dx running on Windows 11 Home, version 22H2.When I fold my laptop into "tent" mode or "tablet" mode past 180 degrees with the keyboard the keyboard and touch pad stay on and when I click on something like a search bar the on-screen...
  5. Laptop not recognizing when screen/keyboard folded into tent/tablet mode, rotation lock...

Laptop not recognizing when screen/keyboard folded into tent/tablet mode, rotation lock...: I have an HP Envy 360 model number 13m-bd1033dx running on Windows 11 Home, version 22H2.When I fold my laptop into "tent" mode or "tablet" mode past 180 degrees with the keyboard the keyboard and touch pad stay on and when I click on something like a search bar the on-screen...
  6. Keyboard not disabling when folding x360 screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not disabling when folding x360 screen: Hi there,Recently my HP Spectre x360 updated to Windows 11 late I know but 10 was fine for me, and now when I flip the screen to write on with the stylus for my university work, the keyboard does not disable like it did for Windows 10. This causes irritable issues using...
  7. Keyboard not disabling when folding x360 screen

Keyboard not disabling when folding x360 screen: Hi there,Recently my HP Spectre x360 updated to Windows 11 late I know but 10 was fine for me, and now when I flip the screen to write on with the stylus for my university work, the keyboard does not disable like it did for Windows 10. This causes irritable issues using...
  8. Microsoft Folded keyboard DEFECT??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Folded keyboard DEFECT??: Hi, I've en using Microsoft Folded keyboard for more than 1 year and very satisfied with the product. However last night I suspected a defect on the device. The left part of the keyboard is not working at all all buttons!. Is there any way to fix this? pls help :...
  9. Surface Pro 7: How force tablet mode off with keyboard folded back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 7: How force tablet mode off with keyboard folded back?: Hi, please help - this is driving me nuts! I'm trying to use a Surface Pro 7 connected to external monitors & keyboard etc via a dock, but because the Surface's keyboard is folded back, it seems to force the Surface into Tablet mode and disables the option to put it back in...
  10. Microsoft folding keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft folding keyboard: I've had one since 2016 and love it, however, some keys are positioned in the wrong place! Also, cant find the hash key! I'm using the ENG UK version Any help appreciated...