Windows 10: MS forced Win10 installs w/o user concent?? True?

Discus and support MS forced Win10 installs w/o user concent?? True? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is that true? Win7/8.1/etc. automatically installs Win 10 'update' (the OS) without the users permission when 'X' many days have passed? My brother... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by N9NU, May 23, 2016.

1. N9NU Win User

MS forced Win10 installs w/o user concent?? True?

Is that true? Win7/8.1/etc. automatically installs Win 10 'update' (the OS) without the users permission when 'X' many days have passed?

My brother woke up to Win10 (from Win 8.1) the other day and basically did a 'WTF'. Yes I know you can reverse or downgrade it, however, that is a complete bag of doo doo if true.

Tim

:)

2. SJMP985 Win User

New Hard Drive Licensing Question

Currently user has Win10 PRO licensed.

On a different laptop I want to install a new HD and build Win10 Pro using this users already used license.

Question if user is on the road.

I will build new OS install on new HD w/o activating.

When user comes back to office -> How do I remove the license from his current OS build so I can re-used the license on the new build?

Thanks,

SJMP985, May 23, 2016
  3. ChrisM# Win User
    Insider activation

yeah, im using the standard key for insiders, until now all builds upgraded and activated w/o issue. Now it shows the watermark and it won't activate (error). MS homepage does not say much about error, MS support redirects to the store to buy windows.
    As insider, as long as I upgrade, wasn't win10 supposed to be free?

ChrisM#, May 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 23, 2016
  5. N9NU Win User
    Geez...guess all I can say is I been a very happy Linux user since 1997 lol

Tim

N9NU, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS forced Win10 installs w/o user concent?? True? - Similar Threads - forced Win10 installs

2. How to extend the win10 recovery partition w/o deleting it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend the win10 recovery partition w/o deleting it?: Recently, I had an HP system fail the windows 10 update KB5034441. This system was not using Bitlocker which seems to be the cause of KB5034441 being pushed out as an update. According to many "tips", such as this one, the install failure will prevent future updates from...
  3. How to extend the win10 recovery partition w/o deleting it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to extend the win10 recovery partition w/o deleting it?: Recently, I had an HP system fail the windows 10 update KB5034441. This system was not using Bitlocker which seems to be the cause of KB5034441 being pushed out as an update. According to many "tips", such as this one, the install failure will prevent future updates from...
  4. How to extend the win10 recovery partition w/o deleting it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automatically open notifications w/o user interaction?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically open notifications w/o user interaction?: Is there a script someone has for something like this? submitted by /u/ItalianDon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyduf0/automatically_open_notifications_wo_user/
  6. How to remove Office 2016 w/o MS PIN?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to remove Office 2016 w/o MS PIN?: I installed Office 2016 on my wife's laptop. Now I want to remove it. I get a prompt to enter in my MS PIN. I don't have an MS PIN, so how do I remove Office without a PIN? Thanks Daryl 173265
  7. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  8. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  9. Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode: Is there a way to copy a profile to the default profile without using the Audit Mode feature when it was built? I know that the Audit Mode should have been use but at this point it to late to do that now. That got to be some app are "hack" way to still copy a profile to the...
  10. How to force W10 in (re)install a driver from the MS repositiory for W

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to force W10 in (re)install a driver from the MS repositiory for W: I have a Toshiba laptop that has a Conexant audio subsystem. The sound system is misbehaving and I suspect a driver issue. Here is the problem: I was running windows 7 and upgraded via the free upgrade offer to Win 10. Everything worked OK for a while and then the problem...