Windows 10: MS Help menu not working

Discus and support MS Help menu not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; During the past few days having a problem with apps closing down by themselves, shortly after opening. Newly bought refurb Dell PC with Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ary Coetzee, Aug 5, 2018.

1. MS Help menu not working

During the past few days having a problem with apps closing down by themselves, shortly after opening. Newly bought refurb Dell PC with Win10 installed. Now a few month later only problems.

On Friday went online with MS Support staff to try and get to root of problem. Got halfway there, but after overnight System Restore (that had had to be restarted after failed first attempt), did not solve anything.

Thus back to MS Support yesterday and got another long session on what can be done, after going through assistance from Friday that did not resolve concern. After using 2nd PC to create media USB, etc. guess what - spent hours of work to create something that still cannot assist, because the original problem - apps closing down shortly after trying to open them, is still there and does not allow access to start the so-called solution created via the USB stick...

Today went back to MS Support and the problems are getting more - go Start / Settings / Update & Security / Troubleshoot / Get Help / Get More Support - when trying to select any of the first three options (Call Me / Arrange a Call / Chat online), the new window thinks a 1 or 2, then reverts back to previous set of options. And just now screen briefly flashed "there was an error" before the reverting back to previous set of options. Tried this 10 times, no different outcome yet.

MS Help menu not working [​IMG]

:)

Ary Coetzee, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 5, 2018
  4. MS Help menu not working

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Help menu not working

1. MS Help menu not working - Similar Threads - Help menu working

2. need help working in ms dos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help working in ms dos: All this is related to attempting to resize my partition to install WinRE update KB5034441. Like others my Win10 based desktop will download the update but won't install after repeated attempts.I followed KB5028997 procedures but floundered so now I need additional help with...
  3. need help working in ms dos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help working in ms dos: All this is related to attempting to resize my partition to install WinRE update KB5034441. Like others my Win10 based desktop will download the update but won't install after repeated attempts.I followed KB5028997 procedures but floundered so now I need additional help with...
  4. need help working in ms dos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ms paint is not working please. Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ms paint is not working please. Help: Ms paint is not working please. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-is-not-working-please-help/e94a25c1-51e4-405e-89a9-794b1d53dae2
  6. Ms paint is not working please. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms paint is not working please. Help: Ms paint is not working please. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-is-not-working-please-help/e94a25c1-51e4-405e-89a9-794b1d53dae2
  7. Ms paint is not working please. Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need help removing ms-resource:AppName from startup menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help removing ms-resource:AppName from startup menu: Hi guys, I've read articles online and they all showed steps for removing ms-resource:AppName/Text. I tried them but none of those worked for me. Any input would be appreciated....
  9. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  10. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...