Windows 10: MS is telling me my Windows is out of date

Discus and support MS is telling me my Windows is out of date in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running 1803 (OS Build 17134.228). When I go to the Windows Store it tells me I am not up to date. The link tells me the following. I thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bru, Aug 28, 2018.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

MS is telling me my Windows is out of date

I am running 1803 (OS Build 17134.228).

When I go to the Windows Store it tells me I am not up to date. The link tells me the following. I thought I was up to date. Why is Microsoft telling me I am not? And more importantly what problems will I have because it thinks I am not?

Your version of Windows 10 is out of date

Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the latest features Windows 10 has to offer, you need to update your device to a newer version of Windows 10.*"

:)

2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2018
  3. LL-1023 Win User
    MS Money in Windows 10

I've been using MS Money 2005 and just bought a new computer with windows 10. I want to load MS Money Sunset, but it tells me that I need internet explorer 7. Do you suggest that I follow the steps you've outlined prior to installing MS money in order
    for it to download? Ore their other steps I need to do?

LL-1023, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. MS is telling me my Windows is out of date - Similar Threads - telling date

2. How can I tell if Bitlocker is activated without the manage-bde tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell if Bitlocker is activated without the manage-bde tool: Hello, I'm devellopping an app that can automatically collect general information about a windows system, and I would like to add information about Bitlocker. I would like to know if there is way to tell if Bitlocker is activated without using the manual command 'manage-bde...
  3. why windows keep telling that icloud and yahoo account are out of date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why windows keep telling that icloud and yahoo account are out of date: why windows keep telling that icloud and yahoo accounts are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-windows-keep-telling-that-icloud-and-yahoo/9d7fa829-6bfa-483a-8c01-091c79b83acb
  4. Can someone please tell me what the multiple desktop feature is for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone please tell me what the multiple desktop feature is for?: I'm new to it. Since you cant put different shortcuts or such on different desktops what is it for? -not being facetious, just want to know what it can do...
  5. Windows 10 License: how do I tell if I have a full retail or a limited OEM license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 License: how do I tell if I have a full retail or a limited OEM license?: I purchased a Dell PC 2 years ago with a Windows license, but as always I immediately reblasted with Linux (I am a linux admin). My plan, as many times before, was to have the Windows license in case I needed it at some point - for instance, to create a Windows virtual...
  6. How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?: Okay, I am going to start from the beginning. This all started happening one night when I was paying fortnite on my ps4 and I noticed my HP laptop blue screened. So I restarted and then it blue screened again and then when it boots up to the boot logo (doesn't go to windows...
  7. How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?: How can I tell if the proxy is working properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-tell-if-the-proxy-is-working-properly/9a1c409a-3ce8-49c2-a1cb-b4622ba03b8f
  8. Can you please look and tell me am I up to Date ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can you please look and tell me am I up to Date ?: Can you please look and tell me am I up to Date ? [img] 115835
  9. Win.Updates telling me "Device is up-to-date" with Ver.1607

Win.Updates telling me "Device is up-to-date" with Ver.1607: I am running windows 10 and last week I had a major update, now ver.1703 Build 15063.332 My wife has her own laptop running Windows 10 and still has ver.1607 build 14393.1198 When manually checking for updates it said: "Your device is up to date" Q: Why is my wife's...
  10. windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240: windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240 Cant see this is correct [img] 33960