Windows 10: MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse

Discus and support MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use left handed mouse, and swapping left / buttons works OK. I also set the wheel button to be "double click". But the wheel button brings up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BarryG, Aug 6, 2015.

1. BarryG Win User

MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse

I use left handed mouse, and swapping left / buttons works OK. I also set the wheel button to be "double click". But the wheel button brings up the context menu instead of double click.
    If I change to right hand mouse, the wheel button gives double click as expected.
    Any clues how to make the wheel button give double click for left hand mouse?

:)

BarryG, Aug 6, 2015

2. left handed mouse resets to right handed mouse

I was having problems with my Logitech M325 cordless mouse switching back to a right handed mouse in Windows 10. I see other people are having the same problem. After some playing around, the answer for me was kind of 'in my face', but I wasn't seeing
    it. To stop my left handed mouse settings from switching back to right handed, I did the following.

Left my mouse as right handed in Windows 10(primary button = Left).

Open the Logitech mouse utility/app and set the mouse to left handed(swap buttons). Seems to be working now. Mouse is not switching back to right handed, but I haven't rebooted yet.

MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse [​IMG]

MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse [​IMG]

BruceGeorgeson, Aug 6, 2015
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 not supported in Windows 10

Just ran through a few issues trying to install the intelli type pro 6.1 from disk on win10 pro.

The wireless leaser mouse 6000 and 6000v2 get installed with default drivers, but the left select button

does not work.

I had a Logitech 320 m/k combo without there software installed and the keyboard was all messed up,

adding keys or wrong keys when typing , so removed it for now.

But the MS mouse cant be configured without the software, planed, going with another OEM on anything new.

kjl1956, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Have you tried searching for an updated driver for Windows 10?

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. BarryG Win User
    Win 10 assures me it has the latest driver. It does work right handed, just not left handed.

BarryG, Aug 6, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Windows doesn't always tell the truth. If you know the make and model its always best to download the latest from the website but only if theres a version for Windows 10 (8.1 drivers will also work).

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  7. BarryG Win User
    It's a MS keyboard and mouse. Win 10 has ms keyboard and mouse v 2.0 driver. The latest driver.

BarryG, Aug 6, 2015
  8. BarryG Win User

I solved my problem by assigning a macro to the wheel button. It plays 2 clicks of the right button with no time delay between.

BarryG, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse driver

2. Left Handed Mouse Cursors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Handed Mouse Cursors: For years, I have been using left handed mouse pointers that I created myself. These, and others, have been freely available for download for years. However, Microsoft has recently taken away the ability to use third party mouse cursors, and so now, I find it extremely...
  3. Left Handed Mouse Cursors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Handed Mouse Cursors: For years, I have been using left handed mouse pointers that I created myself. These, and others, have been freely available for download for years. However, Microsoft has recently taken away the ability to use third party mouse cursors, and so now, I find it extremely...
  4. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  5. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  6. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  7. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  8. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

9. Left handed mouse use

Left handed mouse use: I work where I am the only one who is left handed. Since this is a work computer, I was wondering if there was a way to set the mouse preference to left handed ONLY for my user account without affecting those profiles of my coworkers, any suggestions? Thanks, Michelle...
  10. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad: Hi I have a dell laptop with Windows 10. I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed. In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to. How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad...