Windows 10: MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

Discus and support MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings y'all, I've got a situation over here. I have two MS Lifecam HD-3000 USB webcams that I use for surveillance. For years, I've used a program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr Joey, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Mr Joey Win User

MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

Greetings y'all,
    I've got a situation over here. I have two MS Lifecam HD-3000 USB webcams that I use for surveillance. For years, I've used a program called Contacam, put out by one fellow somewhere over in the UK (Contaware.com - Video Surveillance and Graphics Software). It's a great little program which allows for some pretty granular motion detection, which is exactly what I need (I'll say a few words about that at the end). So this set-up has served me well, and even worked with the initial release of Win10, up to and including the last RTM - build 1511 TH2.

On the insider fast ring here and the camera set-up hasn't worked in any build since the last RTM. I'm currently on 14271.rs1. Lemme throw a few things out there that I'm already aware of: Yeah, two USB cams same make/model... Windows used to have real trouble with this, back in Win7 days (and before), but ever since device manager was able to differentiate duplicates by appending "(2)" to like device names, I haven't had much trouble. On the software side, you just give the two devices different names upon installation (such as Security Cam (1) and Security Cam (2).

Then we have USB bandwidth... Yes, again, back in USB 1.0 or 1.1 days it would cause trouble. Ever since USB 2 and 2.1, and what with motherboards typically offering 3-4 hubs, it hasn't caused me much trouble. In my case, each camera is on it's own hub/controller with nothing else... And I still have a couple extra USB 2 and USB 3 and 3.1 ports for all my other devices! I reckon we can eliminate the "same make and model" and "USB bandwidth" issues.

Here's the meat: The devices install plug & play. Device manager see's them and differentiates them. The silly Win10 Camera app actually WORKS! It's the only thing that does! Not only do I get a beautiful picture from the MS camera app, it's got a screwy looking transparent icon at the top center of the screen which when you click on it, switches to the other camera! Beautiful picture there too. So both cameras work, both drivers work with no conflicts, both everything is fine and dandy... As long as you use the MS camera app.

I can't get ANY other software to connect to the cameras. I've downloaded iSpy, and about 6 others... Each and every program (including my beloved contacam) can SEE both cameras upon installation... This is normally a procedure of somehow clicking "add camera" and then using a drop-down box (or similar UI) to select the device manager tag "MS Lifecam HD-3000". But nothing can connect. I just get black screens on both cameras for all apps except the silly MS Camera app!

I'm wondering if its some sort of timing issue. So I monkey around with video resolution and FPS settings. To no avail, the default settings are usually correct anyway, but it doesn't seem to matter because we are not getting any video stream to "adjust". All the programs are failing at the connect phase.

I've been trying to run this down for a couple days now. I'm pretty tech savvy. I'm educating myself on WDM drivers on account I've seen that referenced in many of the 3rd party programs I've downloaded... In that they usually say something like "Our software supports thousands of USB web cams - anything that uses WDM drivers".

Any thoughts or ideas? I can answer questions about my system specs, and go fairly deep tech-wise. I'm retired now, but I once was a PC technician! Ha!

Lastly, I have a sort of business/hobby which requires the surveillance. In case you are interested, because it is a bit unusual. I'm not watching baby sitters or cats. I have animals outside. The animals are alligators, in a big pond. My house sits mostly on land, but extends out over the water a bit. The house is raised about 8' off the ground. Here in Southeast Louisiana, this is very common. We have these things called hurricanes every now and again, and when they come, you pray 8' off the ground is enough! I currently have one nesting female, just under the house. Spring is coming. She is laying eggs. Alligator eggs. I've illuminated the nest and focused one of the web-cams directly on it and her. At night, snakes, skunks, racoons, possums, you name it, want to come steal her eggs and eat them.

My job is to keep that from happening. I NEED my surveillance with motion detection sounding an alarm at 3AM! I can stomp on the floor above her nest to scare off the critters! Watching all this is great fun.

Do you have a nesting alligator under your front porch?

Please help.
    Mr. Joey
    The Heart of the Bayou!

:)

Mr Joey, Mar 4, 2016

2. Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 and Microsoft Windows 10 drivers

Hi, I do not have any complications with " LifeCam HD 3000, I do declare that this product is compatible. I do agree Microsoft should at least create an UPDATE driver for his own product. ( LifeCam HD 3000)

TonyRuiz Momo, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Is LifeCam HD-3000 compatible with Windows 10?

Original Title: LifeCam HD-3000

actually i would like to ask if LifeCam HD-3000 works with Windows 10 because i want to buy one, thanks.

GhalebBou Shakra, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

1. MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software... - Similar Threads - Lifecam 3000 3rd

2. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: I have just installed the above LifeCam and find that it cannot be set to use it to sign into Microsoft process, is there something I should do to make it work.Thank youRobert Wells...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: Hi, I have a problem in that I am unable to adjust the brightness in the Windows 10 camera app. I go into the camera app settings and turn on Pro Mode which then gives me a brightness button which shows a number representing brightness from 30 to 255. When I click on this...
  4. LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam

LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam: I have just bought a LifeCam HD-3000 webcam as an accessory to my desktop PC running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and it works fine in the Zoom and Camera apps but there are limited functions. I want to be able to zoom in and be in Portrait mode rather...
  5. Lifecam 3000-HD

Lifecam 3000-HD: Hello I have a LifeCam 3000-HD and it was working perfectly since I purchased it in November 2019 until the day before yesterday. Now when I plug it in it produces a scrambled picture as per the snip below. I can fix this by opening Skype, taking the exposure setting off...
  6. webcam lifeCam HD-3000

webcam lifeCam HD-3000: I have to take a test online I purchase this webcam but when I went to see if it was working before my test it wasn't then I went into camera and it works there but not where I want to take the test how do I solve this. I have Microsoft 10...
  7. Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000

Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000: I have just purchased a microsoft lifecam HD-3000 and have just loaded the hardware to install the device - it says that it is not compatible with Windows 10. Does anyone have any workarounds or tech advice you could help me with please? Thanks in advance...
  8. MS Lifecam HD-3000 Problem

MS Lifecam HD-3000 Problem: This device was working at one time under Windows 10 but I haven't used it for a while - so, upgrades have happened. Now when I connect the webcam to a USB port, I get this error: [img] 120343
  9. Driver Lifecam HD 3000

Driver Lifecam HD 3000: driver Lifecam HD 3000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-lifecam-hd-3000/ede6c356-fa2f-49ec-93cb-f6c075078e4a
  10. Win 10 & MS LifeCam HD 3000

Win 10 & MS LifeCam HD 3000: I am running Win 10 My MS LifeCam is guaranteed to work with MS Skype It DOES NOT! When I downloaded the software it starts to install stops & Gives this error; "installation ran into a problem" PERIOD Uninstalled the software, retried, same thing. It list all...