Windows 10: MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

Discus and support MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am helping a friend that has problems with MS Mail and People. She can receive email but cannot type in anything in MS Mail. Also, all her People... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryPatrick, Aug 14, 2018.

1. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

I am helping a friend that has problems with MS Mail and People. She can receive email but cannot type in anything in MS Mail. Also, all her People contacts have changed to only showing phone numbers and not email addresses.

Tried to open Edge but cannot type in anything. Chrome is default and it is working fine. Some time ago my friend said her home had a power outage, but she couldn't remember if the Mail problem was occurring before the outage or not.

When I got there, she had 10 MS updates not installed. In installed all of them and rebooted but nothing changes.

I am hoping someone can give me a couple of suggestions on where to look and what I should update.

:)

GaryPatrick, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 14, 2018
  4. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

Windows apps stopped accepting keyboard input.

Well, I tried it.

I ran into my first problem following the steps provided, because even the search under "Start" doesn't accept my keyboard input.

I solved that by using Win+R and typing msconfig into there (it will accept input just fine).

I followed all the instructions disabling every non-windows service and every startup app I could (My anti-virus would not switch to disabled) and rebooted.

I had the same problem; everything still refused to take my keyboard input. Except, I suppose, the store app. That app would crash less than a second after it appeared.

focusloser, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

1. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input - Similar Threads - Mail Edge accept

2. Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted: Hi,I have MSI GE72 6QD with the latest Windows 10with all updates installed:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎17/‎5/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 I have a Hama wireless keyboard that uses Microsoft's...
  3. Feedback Hub and Search not accepting keyboard input

in Cortana
    Feedback Hub and Search not accepting keyboard input: For some reason when I went to offer feedback at the feedback hub the app wouldn't recognize the keystrokes , I went to the search box to track down an answer and oops that won't recognize input either. There is only one other program that my keystrokes won't work on and that...
  4. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

in Cortana
    Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input: Search bar anywhere in Windows 10 File Explorer, any search inside Settings does not accept input from Keyboard. I have all possible solutions posted on the Internet, including answers posted on this Forum. This has been happening since last two weeks, after the recent OS...
  5. WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge: Hi! I have just noticed that when I have Controlled Folder Access (CFA, block mode) and I open up Edge via Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) I am unable to type anything on Edge. Mouse is fine. Navigation (as long as keyboard input is not needed) is fine as well....
  6. Cannot log in. Keyboard letter inputs not accepted-only numbers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot log in. Keyboard letter inputs not accepted-only numbers: I have seen other post responses to this problem stating to press the Windows key + X to access Device Manager, however, pressing those keys only results in a prompt to enter my password-which I cannot do since the letters are not accepted. I have tried numerous restarts and...
  7. Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse: Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse. I am incapable of obtaining the Windows Version number or any other info. That is where it is now. Background: purchased July 3 2019: Shinobee SSD Ultra 8-Core Gaming PC/Multimedia Desktop Computer - FX 8300 8 x...
  8. Cortana, Windows Edge, Start Menu, and other input fields not accepting input, but all...

in Cortana
    Cortana, Windows Edge, Start Menu, and other input fields not accepting input, but all...: Hello. A laptop with Windows 10 Home has a bizarre problem where the Cortana. Edge browser, and other input fields within the operating system don't take keyboard input. Yet all other programs like Microsoft Word or the Chrome or Firefox browsers all operate normally....
  9. MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard: I am having a problem trying to help a friend that doesn't know Windows 10 very well. Her problem is: (1) The keyboard gets locked out when I try to reply or forward a MS Mail message. (2) The People app changed to only showing phone numbers, all the email address...
  10. MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-(: Since at least Windows 7 I am fighting with a most annoying behavior in Windows w.r.t to multi-language pen input: To allow me to enter German and English characters on the same keyboard without constantly having to remap my fingers (or rather my brain) I have long time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not accept keyboard input edge guard