Windows 10: Ms makes emergency email fix - hope you aren't being hacked

Discus and support Ms makes emergency email fix - hope you aren't being hacked in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there This could be of interest for users of Ms email programs etc. From the BBC -- I Know a load of my UK friends often snide at it but BBC... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, May 8, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms makes emergency email fix - hope you aren't being hacked

Hi there

This could be of interest for users of Ms email programs etc.

From the BBC -- I Know a load of my UK friends often snide at it but BBC is still regarded - at least outside the UK as a good reliable source of programs, info and news -- and even "Fake News" when it needs to show examples.

I'm sure if BBC were to disappear loads of people both inside and outside the UK would miss it.

Microsoft makes emergency security fix - BBC News

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 8, 2017
  2. hanksrw Win User

When clicking Back in Windows Explorer the folder you were just in moves to the bottom of the screen.

Yeah, I thought as much. That doesn't make it right though so I was kind of hoping someone had found a hack for it (if MS aren't going to change it).

hanksrw, May 8, 2017
  3. When clicking Back in Windows Explorer the folder you were just in moves to the bottom of the screen.

By design or bug, one thing's for sure that MS won't ever change/fix it. See
    this thread
    for instance, and it's hardly the only one about Explorer annoyances and bugs.

The hack/workaround is to use another shell (Classic Shell perhaps), or another file manager altogether (many available) that doesn't exhibit the same issues.

RobertJWin, May 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Ms makes emergency email fix - hope you aren't being hacked - Similar Threads - makes emergency email

2. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  3. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  4. In emergency can I access this MS community with different email if so how

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In emergency can I access this MS community with different email if so how: As at present Windows update is about to destroy my pc I think I could not use the same email to access this MS community for help, if some thing happened. I got to use secondary computer in that case I could not use same email to get code from MS then what would be the...
  5. My email was hacked - MS account deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email was hacked - MS account deleted: My email was hacked. Hacker used email to access MS account, and set it up so all account recovery and reset requests are sent to @169.com email.Set up new MS account - now trying to get online chat with help desk going, and can't seem make it work.Is there any "chat with...
  6. emerge for bulk emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    emerge for bulk emails: I am trying to send merged email messages. I can prepare the merge document but after entering the final command of finish the mail merge - I get a message that a program is trying to access my Outlook contact file - I agree to allow the access. But then nothing happens -...
  7. emerge for bulk emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    emerge for bulk emails: Currently WORD does not allow choice between Outlook and gmail in sending out messages - it defaults to Outlook. How can this be changed to gmail? Merged document tries to access contact address file rather then the list prepared for the merge - how can this be avoided?...
  8. being hacked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    being hacked: I have all my family devises on my computer but im the only one that's sopoesed to b on this computer..it says there shating my info , how can I confirm there doing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/being-hacked/bf1edeab-80ad-4617-9a03-3c8951606732"
  9. Being hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being hacked: A pop up came on my screen and said it was microsoft and to call this number 1-855-833-9547. They convinced me to give them access to the computer. I now know it was not Microsoft what should I do 12 hours later other than change all passwords....
  10. Emergency! Email Question

in Browsers and Email
    Emergency! Email Question: Last year I deleted some emails from my gmail account. I want to know if its possible to retrieve them somehow. Its VITALLY important for legal reasons. 93664