Windows 10: MS Office 2013 aps...

Discus and support MS Office 2013 aps... in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This issue has been bothering me for awhile, short description.... Windows 7 and 10 sharing files via workgroup with one gig switched network, using... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Cr00zng, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Cr00zng Win User

MS Office 2013 aps...

This issue has been bothering me for awhile, short description....

Windows 7 and 10 sharing files via workgroup with one gig switched network, using local accounts. Initial opening and MS Office file (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) takes anywhere from 15-25 seconds. Opening another file with the same extension is instantaneous, pops right up.

Closing the the app and immediately opening even the just closed file takes 15-25 seconds to open. And again, opening another file with the same extension is instantaneous.

Locally opening just the app on Windows 10 results in the same, the message states "Starting application...", "Loading plugins....", etc. Opening a new window of the same app is quick, it's only at the initial app start there's the delay.

All MS Office apps configured to start with a blank document. I've tried deleting history, modify default folder, etc., but no use. All Office apps are blocked from accessing the internet, they have access to only the local network. That didn't help either.

Interestingly, Visio 2013 does not do this, it's pops right up, regardless if the file is local or remote....

The system has a one gig Samsung 850 EVO drive, 16 gig memory and i5 3350P quad-core CPU. While the CPU is getting old, it is not the source of this issue.

Any suggestion for eliminating the initial delay for MS Office apps?

TIA..

:)

Cr00zng, Dec 13, 2017
  2. WmsRandy Win User

WP8, Outlook Tasks & Office 2013

Thank you Entegy. How is the sync for the tasks achieved - via MS Live, or do the tasks automatically sync with Office 2013 (is it Office 2013 or Office 365?)

WmsRandy, Dec 13, 2017
  3. CPU usage and MS Office Products on Windows 10

In the end, we sought IT support and decided to try and simply upgrade from MS Office 2013 to MS Office 2016. The change seems to have settled down the CPU usage issue. I remain dumbfounded how MS products can be so incompatible with one another (i.e.
    Windows 10 and Office 2013, not to mention a slew of others).

DarcyMacCallum, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Cr00zng Win User

MS Office 2013 aps...

After looking in to this issue further...

It is the MS Word and Excel startup that have the 20 seconds, or so delay for opening a file. Starting excel with a blank document takes couple of seconds, while word takes about the same 20 seconds to open the blank document. Other MS Office programs, like power point, start instantaneously even with internet access blocked. The firewall log shows this:

MS Office 2013 aps... [​IMG]

That's 24 seconds for starting the word app.... Disabling the filewall doesn't change much, excel and word still takes times to start, while other office apps are fine. The difference is that with the firewall disabled, there are data transfers between the app and the IP addresses in the image. Wireshark shows that the content is encrypted via TLS 1.2.

Is there a settings that would disable these connections to MS servers?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Jan 19, 2018
  5. Cr00zng Win User
    Malwarebytes 3.3.1 version has caused the delay, once disabled, the PC performance returned to normal...

Cr00zng, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Office 2013 aps...

1. MS Office 2013 aps... - Similar Threads - Office 2013 aps

2. A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013: The laptop I use for work has an MS Office 2013 Professional , where I used to rely heavily on MS Outlook as my email app of choice , around late 2018 and all gmail accounts I store in outlook keep failing to log and on loading them in a web browser they do tend to hint they...
  3. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  4. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  5. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  6. Office Aps not loading.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office Aps not loading.: This morning none of my Office prograns would load. Got an error 142 could not load. With in a few minutes a got a got a phone call telling me my Office license had expired. Seeemed to be a robo call that wanted me to press one to renew. I hung up. Uninstalled Office and...
  7. reinstalling MS Office prof plus 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling MS Office prof plus 2013: On the last Windows 10 download something got corrupted so I had to reinstall Windows 10 which removed all of my programs. How do I reinstall Office ; I can't find the key (if I had it) and I did not have this PC on my Microsoft account....
  8. Bad Copy - MS Office 2013

Bad Copy - MS Office 2013: Its a long story, and ongoing via Trading Standards but I bought a copy of Microsoft office from a pc support company who installed it for me. BUT they used software I know the name of but cant mention it here to produce a key. They are refusing to reply to my emails and I...
  9. MS Office 2013

MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061
  10. MS Office 2013 update...

MS Office 2013 update...: Moderator(s), please move this topic to the correct forum, thanks... I have two Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits (1709) with the latest updates, both systems have MS Office 2013 Professional. On one of the systems, MS Office does not update, while the other does. After...