Windows 10: MS Office suite on Win 10

Discus and support MS Office suite on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How old of an office suite can be installed on/Compatible with W10? 07 or 10, 13 or do I have to use 365? 5941 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by meebers, May 6, 2015.

1. meebers Win User

MS Office suite on Win 10

How old of an office suite can be installed on/Compatible with W10? 07 or 10, 13 or do I have to use 365?

:)

meebers, May 6, 2015
  2. Bill_981 Win User

Office 10 retention

I carefully followed the on screen directions but the upgrade from 7 to 10 removed MS Office 10 suite. I have another laptop to upgrade and want to know what step in the upgrade leaves MS Office 10 intact.

It would take days to do a clean install and reload apps and data. Then you run into locating all of the credential IDs for the reloaded apps. I get emails from MS that says all data and apps will remain the same on Win 10.

Bill_981, May 6, 2015
  3. MS Office missing

I had MS Office on a Win 8.1 OS, and upgraded to Win 10, but now I can't find MS Office. Where do I find it?

iT For All inc., May 6, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

I know 2010 office works on W10.

Dude, May 6, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Since they are MS products. All of them will work. I am currently using Office 2013

topgundcp, May 6, 2015
  6. AlanWade Win User
    I can confirm that 2010, 2013 and 2016 all work.

AlanWade, May 6, 2015
  7. Williams Win User
    All versions are working.

If you buy an Office365 subscription, you will have the latest official Office version in your system.
    jisr7

Williams, May 7, 2015
  8. bordi Win User

Yes, I can confirm that even 2003 works on win 10 after loads of different updates

bordi, May 7, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    I can attest that all versions from Office 2003 to Office 2016 work on Windows 10.

*Smile

Vladimir, May 7, 2015
  10. meebers Win User
    Thanks...that is really good news.

meebers, May 7, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Office 2007 also works !!!! (tested) Can't say about office 2003 but I believe a previous poster in this thread confirmed that it works.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 7, 2015
  12. bordi Win User
    2003 definitely works mate, I was using it with win 10 before I installed 2016 over it.

bordi, May 7, 2015
  13. Berton Win User

Office 2000 can be installed on Win10TP BUT to use the Compatibility Pack for later file versions one needs to install SR1/1a [SP] followed by SP3. The problem is finding SR1a as Microsoft has removed it from download and SP3 is available but won't install without SP1.

Berton, May 9, 2015
  14. brummyfan Win User
    You don't need Office365 subscription to try Office 2016.

brummyfan, May 9, 2015
  15. meebers Win User
    I installed 2007. It had about 4 rounds of updates, but other than that seems ok. I also have Office 2016 installed. It is the completely free version, on line and one drive. If I have an excel file to open from 2016, 2007 version will take over instead and open that file. For those that installed 2007 version, did you provide the key or just let it go for 25 openings. Since I have 10074, I am doing the 25 openings.

meebers, May 9, 2015
Thema:

1. MS Office suite on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Office suite

2. Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10: If I change my primary email address used to login to W10 what impact will that have on Office Suite 2019 H&S which is activated by the old address?Checking my id icon in Excel says "old address" logged in. If the old address is not logged in because I use the new does Excel...
  3. Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10: If I change my primary email address used to login to W10 what impact will that have on Office Suite 2019 H&S which is activated by the old address?Checking my id icon in Excel says "old address" logged in. If the old address is not logged in because I use the new does Excel...
  4. Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem connecting to account on office suite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting to account on office suite: Hello, I have created my account and registered my office product key on it to download office suite for mac. Now that have downloaded it, i am asked to log in on the apps themselves in order to be able to create and modify files. However it says that my account does not...
  6. Problem connecting to account on office suite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to account on office suite: Hello, I have created my account and registered my office product key on it to download office suite for mac. Now that have downloaded it, i am asked to log in on the apps themselves in order to be able to create and modify files. However it says that my account does not...
  7. Problem connecting to account on office suite

8. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...: How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, etc. account while keeping desktop files independent from each other so that when I add a file to the desktop of laptop #1 it does not automatically populate to laptop #2? I want to use...
  9. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...: How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, etc. account while keeping desktop files independent from each other so that when I add a file to the desktop of laptop #1 it does not automatically populate to laptop #2? I want to use...
  10. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security