Windows 10: MS Office vs Libre Office

Discus and support MS Office vs Libre Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by milford, Jun 5, 2018.

1. milford Win User

MS Office vs Libre Office

Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office?

:)

milford, Jun 5, 2018

2. windows 10 and trying ti instal either Open Office or Libre Office on Linx 8/

Libre Office is likely to be more supported on Windows 10.

What happens when you try to install it?

The Libre Office download page clearly states it is Windows 10 compatible:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/system-requirements/

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Quicken & MS Office 2010

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the commands and check if the MS Office is available on your computer. Try the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type winword.exe
      and hit enter.

• If MS word open up MS Office is available on the system.
    If not, you have to install it again from the store.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

MS Office vs Libre Office

1. MS Office vs Libre Office - Similar Threads - Office Libre Office

2. Indexing MS office files without MS office installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing MS office files without MS office installed: I need to have MS office files indexed a computer that does not have MS office installed. what tool do i need to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-ms-office-files-without-ms-office/1d5b5dfb-3a90-48f7-8d21-535777e4fe89"
  3. MS Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office: I an thinking about buying a Microsoft office home and student or a Office professional. What is the difference between the home and student and the professional? Thanks, Frank 129227
  4. MS Office Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Office Issues: My Excel, Word and PowerPoint will not start. The error message that is returned is: the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Thanks....
  5. Activation of MS office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of MS office: Hello Everyone, I have bought one laptop but there was some technical issues. So, I had to change my laptop OS. And, I have been changed my laptop OS by laptop company's service center but there was notMS office. So, I downloaded MS office but it was not license...
  6. MS OFFICE ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS OFFICE ERROR: hi, i have used Windows 10 pro original version and my MS office was corrupted. How can i get this again as free..Please suggest.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/ms-office-error/1b9d057e-dd75-44b2-8579-07b6143f5109
  7. libre office writer and voice regognition

libre office writer and voice regognition: Is it possible to dictate in libre office writer with the voice recognition software in win 10? You are supposed to be able to do so in win word. Thanks, Kevin 41768
  8. office online or Libre office - which is better

office online or Libre office - which is better: My wife's W10 laptop has now closed its free time on word and requires her to purchase it. I'm wondering which of the free ones would be best for her. She only tends to write up her CV and some report work on an occasional basis. I've been wondering about Office on line or...
  9. MS Office 2013

MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061
  10. replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office

replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office: I don't want to lose all my information that is currently in word format. Do I install Libreoffice first then use add remove to remove MS to switch and keep my files? I do not know how to make the transition and not lose my data in my desktop and also two flash drives....