Windows 10: MS Office vs Libre Office

Discus and support MS Office vs Libre Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by milford, Jun 5, 2018.

1. milford Win User

MS Office vs Libre Office

Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office?

:)

milford, Jun 5, 2018

2. windows 10 and trying ti instal either Open Office or Libre Office on Linx 8/

Libre Office is likely to be more supported on Windows 10.

What happens when you try to install it?

The Libre Office download page clearly states it is Windows 10 compatible:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/system-requirements/

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Quicken & MS Office 2010

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the commands and check if the MS Office is available on your computer. Try the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type winword.exe
      and hit enter.

• If MS word open up MS Office is available on the system.
    If not, you have to install it again from the store.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

MS Office vs Libre Office

1. MS Office vs Libre Office - Similar Threads - Office Libre Office

2. Default Zoom level for Libre Office Writer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Zoom level for Libre Office Writer: Hi,What is the default zoom level for a Libre Office Writer document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-zoom-level-for-libre-office-writer/309fea2b-4782-4fed-8a6e-a5209cb70390
  3. Libre Office files no longer opening, help?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Libre Office files no longer opening, help?!: I have recently downloaded Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office and now none of my Libreoffice files and documents are opening. How can I get them to work?...
  4. Failed downloads of Libre Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed downloads of Libre Office: Acquired a Samsung/windows computer. Updated to Windows 10 Unable to download Libre Office either from Libre site or mirror site. Why or what is preventing this? Is it a setting or need a work around?...
  5. Libre Office does not start after reinstallation?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Libre Office does not start after reinstallation?: Hello, I recently had to reinstall LibreOffice. Now I cannot open it anymore. So I installed it again and tried it with older versions. Unfortunately without success. The program shows a reaction when I try to open it and also loads content, but when I open the "Start menu"...
  6. Office 2019 or ( VS) office 365

Office 2019 or ( VS) office 365: hello all i am looking to purchase either office 2019 or Microsoft 365 for my windows 10 Pro but i can decide which to opt for. any suggestions would be welcomed Thanks in advance 156325
  7. Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10

Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10: I am buying a new laptop with Windows 10 and have been using MS Office 2013 however my new computer does not have Office. Will Libre Office work as a replacement for Office. Will it be able to read files docx ? I am in a quandary whether to purchase MS office Home or not at...
  8. libre office writer and voice regognition

libre office writer and voice regognition: Is it possible to dictate in libre office writer with the voice recognition software in win 10? You are supposed to be able to do so in win word. Thanks, Kevin 41768
  9. office online or Libre office - which is better

office online or Libre office - which is better: My wife's W10 laptop has now closed its free time on word and requires her to purchase it. I'm wondering which of the free ones would be best for her. She only tends to write up her CV and some report work on an occasional basis. I've been wondering about Office on line or...
  10. replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office

replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office: I don't want to lose all my information that is currently in word format. Do I install Libreoffice first then use add remove to remove MS to switch and keep my files? I do not know how to make the transition and not lose my data in my desktop and also two flash drives....